Rear End Noise

FastStang 2

Apr 13, 2006
Guys! I need some help or opinions. I don't know what's wrong with my car. My car has sat through the winter now for about 4 months. I took it for a drive this weekend. There is a weird noise coming from the back right side. (It sounds like either a grinding or rubbing noise) :shrug: If i hit a big bump it i'll do it or if I hit the gas and let the clutch go in first and second gears and it made that noise. I know my car needs shocks but i'm not sure if that's the problem please help:bang: .

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe it could be your shoe's are worn out on your breaks (rear drums), dirt crud somwhere, or it could be a noise coming from your rear end. or it might be your rear shocks, you say you hit a bump and it will make the noise, maybe the noise is your tire or tires rubbing agains the top of the fenderwell. I hope that helps and gives you some sugestions.

The brake shoes are almost new, the rear end has fluid, i lifted the car and turn the wheels both ways. No noise at all but this is a weird noise as i realease the clutch hit the gas to about 6000 RPM i hear the noise by the tranny to. Any more suggestions?