Rear Finally built!!!

02nightmaregt

To hell with your Mustang, I want to see your HOG!
Jul 1, 2007
Southern Indiana
Ok so some of you may remember me talking about getting my rear end built now for a while, but i took it in today to get all my chit installed and got it back tonight:D::banana:
I had this,
99-04 REAR AXLE KIT, 8.8" 31 SPLINE CONVERSION MUSTANG
along with;
GEARS, 3.73 - 8.8" REAR AXLE MISCFORD
and
Rear End Installation Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
installed. So far so good. No rearend noise(as of yet) and everything feels much "tighter" than before. He said whoever did the first set of gears really did a hack job. All the bearings were eaten up pretty bad:notnice: But now everything in ole' Nightmare's a$$ end is all fresh and new and ready for the track:nice:
BTW about how long would you guys wait for the break in period before i really give it hell? I know some guys say no break in is needed but some say it is:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

One question? Anyone run moser axles? Not that its a big deal but i was working on the stang today and had the rear wheels off, well i thought that the moser's had an M on the end of the axle:shrug: I was just wondering if anyone else that runs these noticed this?

Ok so some of you may remember me talking about getting my rear end built now for a while, but i took it in today to get all my chit installed and got it back tonight:D::banana:
I had this,
99-04 REAR AXLE KIT, 8.8" 31 SPLINE CONVERSION MUSTANG
along with;
GEARS, 3.73 - 8.8" REAR AXLE MISCFORD
and
Rear End Installation Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
installed. So far so good. No rearend noise(as of yet) and everything feels much "tighter" than before. He said whoever did the first set of gears really did a hack job. All the bearings were eaten up pretty bad:notnice: But now everything in ole' Nightmare's a$$ end is all fresh and new and ready for the track:nice:
BTW about how long would you guys wait for the break in period before i really give it hell? I know some guys say no break in is needed but some say it is:shrug:

Is that kit you got is the same as eaton ? or strange ? Can you launch your car at 6000 rpm and not worried about breaking ? I am just sick of riding my clutch at track.

Please let me know.
Thanks in adavance