Interior and Upholstery Rear glass in convertible top

Heres the situation, 2004 3.9l v6 40th anniversary convertible mustang, rear glass in convertible top has fallen in, its only connectected to the top at the very bottom of the glass. The other 3 sides of tge glass have seperated from the canvas. Whats my options for repair? Im not afraid of a DIY project, and dont have money for a new replacement.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2K GT convertible and am battling some leaks in the cloth/canvas around the rear window. Given the weight of the window and the placement, I think your only recourse (like mine) is to replace the rear window portion.

I have seen the occasional convertible with clear plastic sheeting (think 10mm or better from the hardware store) duct taped into the hole, but it is ugly, noisy and probably doesn't seal well against the weather. The strongest duct tape I've encountered is Gorilla tape, but I doubt that would hold the actual glass in very long, since your cloth/canvas around the window opening is probably rotted/damaged. Hope you can figure something out.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 2K GT convertible and am battling some leaks in the cloth/canvas around the rear window. Given the weight of the window and the placement, I think your only recourse (like mine) is to replace the rear window portion.

I have seen the occasional convertible with clear plastic sheeting (think 10mm or better from the hardware store) duct taped into the hole, but it is ugly, noisy and probably doesn't seal well against the weather. The strongest duct tape I've encountered is Gorilla tape, but I doubt that would hold the actual glass in very long, since your cloth/canvas around the window opening is probably rotted/damaged. Hope you can figure something out.
Found a shop that will sew in the glass for 250$

Reactions: 1 user