Rear Lower Control Arms

• Sponsors (?)

What are the condition of your torque boxes. What UCAs are you running? Do you have rubber bushings in both ends of UCAs? I’d have to agree with others here and doubt that it’s the LCAs that are the culprit. I’m running the same ones with FRPP uppers, Tockico blues and Steeda sport springs and the ride doesn’t feel any harsher than stock and I have no clanks that are noticeable during normal driving conditions.

What are the condition of your torque boxes. What UCAs are you running? Do you have rubber bushings in both ends of UCAs? I’d have to agree with others here and doubt that it’s the LCAs that are the culprit. I’m running the same ones with FRPP uppers, Tockico blues and Steeda sport springs and the ride doesn’t feel any harsher than stock and I have no clanks that are noticeable during normal driving conditions.
Uppers are stock with factory rubber bushings. The torque boxes are good...no issues at all. The screeching sound I described is in fact the front urethane bushings of the lower MM control arms. The other ride harshness is probably the springs.

They actually make a noise over each bump?

Mine don't do that at all. I've got the same arms with poly bushings up front and spherical in the rear and they are completely silent. I installed them in 2009 and haven't lubed them since.

Reactions: 1 user
They actually make a noise over each bump?

Mine don't do that at all. I've got the same arms with poly bushings up front and spherical in the rear and they are completely silent. I installed them in 2009 and haven't lubed them since.
Yep....every bump...lol. Mine are about 8 years older than yours and I never lubed these either. I'm not complaining about the bushings being worn out or bad. They are about 18 years old I believe. Just want them to stop squeaking. And they will... :)

Reactions: 1 user
20190118_140321-1.jpg

I'm sold on the Super Lube 41150 for the bushings. Haven't tried it yet due to weather but I will. Also, I bought two pallets of parts from a wrecked '93 Cobra years ago when I did a full paint and body conversion on my car. I made sure and get the rear springs from the car. They are supposed to be the same as 4 cyl mustang springs. I also have numerous springs around here and most are tagged and labeled. These were in a box to themself. Ummm....Just because I second guess myself now (age), can anybody visually tell me if these appear to be rears from a 4 cyl/93 Cobra?
Thanks!