Rear Seat Delete owners please read

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
Does anybody know if my rear seat delete take any time off my 1/4 mile times? I figured since it took so much weight out it would but i can't check myself cause the nearest track from where im at is about 2 1/2 hours away. please let me know if it will make me faster.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, theoretically yes. ~40 lbs should net you close to .05 in the 1/4.

However, the weight you're removing is basically right over the wheels (or close enough for my point). This could lead to the rear tires unloading prematurely, or let them spin longer.
As long as you can hook up, you should net quicker e/t's. ;)

yeah i was kinda wondering about traction but on a normal day i run nitto nt 555's and on street race night or drag night i'm runnin nitto nt555dr's 295/35's. hopefully the dr's will still hook. thanks for the info.

^YES! Ask DerekstangGT...hes rode in my car.

For track only drag radials...go MT Drs. Nitto DRs should be used for street cars needing traction...like mine!

How many miles can you get out of a set of street DR. I drive my car around 3000 miles a year and would not mind putting a new set each year. the car is nit raced just have a hard time with taction and not drove in the rain.

I wouldn't do a rear seat delete just to save 0.05 seconds in the 1/4 mile unless it's a dedicated drag car. Rear seat deletes just don't have the asthetics of leaving the seat in place plus if you ever need to bring a 3rd person in the car, they have a place to sit.

You could probably take a big dump before the race and gain just as much

I have one just for looks.

DSC00816.jpg

How many miles can you get out of a set of street DR. I drive my car around 3000 miles a year and would not mind putting a new set each year. the car is nit raced just have a hard time with taction and not drove in the rain.

If you only drive your car 3000 miles a year the will definatly last you a very long time. Unless you john force it off every green light. I've had mine for over a year an a half now but that's only cause i put them on on weekends for drag racing and the occasional street race.:nice: Nitto DR's = Death if you every get caught in the rain with them though.

Hey bakos24 did you make that delete yourself or did you buy it? It's mad nice.. you have any traction issues ever since you put that thing in?

like bakos, i made mine with only appearance in mind. you can eliminate the seats and not put anything back there. once you start adding MDF you start adding weight

i dont have any traction issues most likely because i put the same amount of weight back in the car

25.jpg

They will last around 15,000 miles if your easy on them and dont do burnouts and the such. :nice:

Yes try to avoid the rain, but if you get cought just drive about 45-50MPH and you should be fine....thats what I do. But my front tires are stock and suck in the rain now lol, so thats part of it. Now the MT or BFG drag radials....I would be tempted to just pull over if it rained....talk about a death trap. That and the fact they last 3000-4000 miles, are why I dont recommend them for DDing. I make 479RWHP and the nittos do very well for me....and at the track I hook in every gear if I drop the pressure to 22PSI or so. Im more than happy with them.
Just be sure to get the 315s if you have a 9-10.5 inch rim...they run small and will fit on both size rims. :flag:

Cody what kind of 60' times do you see with the Nittos? I always hear they are not the best DR for the track, but i wonder how big the difference is between them and the Mickey Thompsons or BFG's. If its alot, i might as well get the M/T DR's and mount them on my gf's v6 wheels for track nights.