Rear Speaker Replacement in Vert (Mach 460)

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
Ok, so Ive gotten rid of the rest of the Mach 460 system with the exception of the rear speaker/subwoofer. What do I need to buy in order to remove the complete module on each side and replace with regular triaxial speakers? Has anyone done it (of course they have, I just need help from one that has)

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is a convertible. No rear deck for speakes. Combined module in the wall on both sides of back seat. 3rd amp (behind the seat are 2) runs the subs.

I want to remove the combined speaker modle (when I do there will be no bracket to mount a speaker) Thats why Im wondering what other convertible owners have done.

Thanks

Hasn't anyone removed these speakers? They are the screwiest looking module Ive ever seen. Seems to be no way to open it up to replace the speaker.... Need to remove completely and buy a bracket or what????

DJHA90 said:
Hasn't anyone removed these speakers? They are the screwiest looking module Ive ever seen. Seems to be no way to open it up to replace the speaker.... Need to remove completely and buy a bracket or what????
Hey man i responded to you in the other forum, you can remove the 6.5 there is four screws under the foam on the large speaker, remove it and bolt the new speaker in that opening, when you take the speaker out you will see where you can run the wire in to it, just run wire to your new speaker and leave the tweeter unplugged, and it will work just fine for you good luck Dan.

i thought they were only 5" back there with a 2" tweeter on top. well thats what i replaced mine with when i did it. got some cerwin vegas for pretty cheap. got some good mid range and the highs are good. was gonna get a subwoofer (kappa perfect 10") so i didnt care much for the bass in the speakers i bought. its a snap to take all them out. wish i knew about cars back when i got mine replaced cause it was just wasted money having someone else do it