Rear springs turned and seated a certain way??

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I just finished up my 5 lug swap, I put in a 94 model disc brak rear in my 91 coupe, My question is are the rear suspension springs to be turned a certain way as far as being seated??? One sid of my car is sitting higher than the other in the rear, the passenger side sits higher, I didnt have the problem before, thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

1993SSP said:
ok, thanks, so could one of them being turned the wrong way cause one side to sit higher than the other?

you can just stick your head under there and look. it will be pretty easy to spot. just look at which way the end of the spring is facing. they should atleast be facing the same direction.

I looked, they are turned different ways, should the end of the pigtail on the bottom be facing towards the rear left wheel, correct?? Please reply asap, i will be looking at fixing these when i get off work tonight, thanks!

5 lug converters who went to rear disc, enter here for my quesiton...

Those of you whom went with rear disc on your fox body and used the FMS brake cables, How do you use the adjustable center cable?? I had Matt redo my ebrake handle and I am ready to go except I am unclear on how to use the center cable, all it has on the end is threads............. thanks

you shouldnt need to adjust it at all- with my rear disk swap the stock ebrake handle works just like it did with the drums and all I did was swap the stocker cables for the FMS ones and left the center cable and handle sprocket mechanism stock- it works fine for me- you shouldhave left the handle along tillafter the swap in case it worked fine....

1993SSP said:
I looked, they are turned different ways, should the end of the pigtail on the bottom be facing towards the rear left wheel, correct?? Please reply asap, i will be looking at fixing these when i get off work tonight, thanks!

i don't think it really matters which way they are facing, but both of the ends should be facing the same direction, and i recommend they face towards the drivers side. that's how i put mine in. i beleive if they were facing towards the pass. side it may actually raise the ride height a hair.