Rear Upper and Lower Control arm questions

Hey Guys,

I am going to have to replace the rear control arms on my 94 vert. After almost 200K the bushings are toast. I have been looking at them for a couple of weeks. There is a wide range in prices. I am looking closely at the boxed upper's and lower's from LRS. They appear to be a good entry level control arm at a good price. Have any of you guy's run these on your cars. I could go back with factory type from unlimited but I always like to upgrade, even if only slightly better, when I make a change. Since I am not looking for adjustables, weight jackers, or any miracle control arms it seems that most of the simple boxed arms will do the same thing. Please let me know if I am way off base here. Thanks in advance!

Bryan

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys,

I am going to have to replace the rear control arms on my 94 vert. After almost 200K the bushings are toast. I have been looking at them for a couple of weeks. There is a wide range in prices. I am looking closely at the boxed upper's and lower's from LRS. They appear to be a good entry level control arm at a good price. Have any of you guy's run these on your cars. I could go back with factory type from unlimited but I always like to upgrade, even if only slightly better, when I make a change. Since I am not looking for adjustables, weight jackers, or any miracle control arms it seems that most of the simple boxed arms will do the same thing. Please let me know if I am way off base here. Thanks in advance!

Bryan

I just put on Steeda Steel (black) ones.

I dont recommend buying stock ones, but my stockers that came off have 80k miles on them. I ONLY replace them because I got the new Steedas with the car. If you pay the actual shipping and $25 more, I will send you mine. THe actual shipping will probably be around $40 because of the weight. If yours are toast and you dont have cash now, this is a "passable" option.

Thanks
RC

IIRC on the replacement bushings that you get from like energy that go into the stockers are over $60 and for some reason I want to say they are almost $100.

Now take the UPR upper/lower set for $199. They have a bushing that is like energy's if not energy, they are stiffer, they are stronger.

So for money spent and far less PITA factor of swapping out bushings on the floppy stockers...you can get a better overall deal.