rear upper or lower control arms?

• Sponsors (?)

LCA's first.

MM recommends leaving the uppers stock as the rubber helps absorb some of the "shock" of when you jump on the power.

I have the MM lowers and Steeda uppers (basically boxed and zinced stockers) on my Fox. Rear suspension rides like stock but is nice and tight and handles well!

Lowers for sure. Here's a pic of stock LCA vs. the Steeda LCA going in. I think you can guess, which is which.

SteedaLCAs005.jpg

Do yourself a favor, & pickup a set of MM LCA's. They are the best designed & strongest on the market. As far as uppers, stick with your stock 1's unless your bushings are blown. If they are, pickup a set of FRPP stock type from MM, or steeda boxed uppers. Other aftermarket uppers will only increase suspension bind & will only benefit you if your car is a strictly drag car.

my UPR lowers had ALL the bushings fail in under 1200 miles.

i now have MM solid LCA's and wish i would have gone with the good stuff from the start

When you installed your solid MM lowers, did you weld up or reinforce the torque boxes?

Do yourself a favor, & pickup a set of MM LCA's. They are the best designed & strongest on the market. As far as uppers, stick with your stock 1's unless your bushings are blown. If they are, pickup a set of FRPP stock type from MM, or steeda boxed uppers. Other aftermarket uppers will only increase suspension bind & will only benefit you if your car is a strictly drag car.

When you installed your solid MM lowers, did you weld up or reinforce the torque boxes?

no welding yet. i know i need to get it done but just havent got around to it yet.:nono:

i know when i downshift hard i can hear a clunk but all the boxes look good so far. i think its just the added noise from the solid lowers.

If you are going to drag race your car, make SURE and get double spherical Lower Control Arms. I busted both left and right side poly bushings with the Heavy Duty Maximum Motorsports LCAs, then switched over to their Extreme Duty arms and no problems so far (except they're noisy).

Definitely go with the lowers first. I went with the MM ones. I was leaving the stock uppers in, but going to replace the bushings but ended up selling the car as it was cheaper to mod my LS1 and go faster than mod both cars together.