Rearend Questions??

mpowerstang

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2002
The blue grass state.
I have a 98GT and I was looking into buying the moser 33 spline axles, spool, and c-clip eliminators, they say you have to shorten your axle tubes and machine the caliper mounting plate.

My question is, how much shorter do you have to shorten your tubes and what do you have to machine to make your caliper mounting plate fit? How would you go about shortening your axle tubes without taking your rearend out of the car? Is it a pretty easy process? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Probably shorten 3/4 inches a side, which will be the same width as a fox body axle. dont know for sure if c-clip eliminators work with factory disc brakes, maybe thats what the machining is about. maybe easier to to buy a fox axle houisng and drum or drag brake setup. either way the housing has to come out to be shortened.

fastback brian said:
Probably shorten 3/4 inches a side, which will be the same width as a fox body axle. dont know for sure if c-clip eliminators work with factory disc brakes, maybe thats what the machining is about. maybe easier to to buy a fox axle houisng and drum or drag brake setup. either way the housing has to come out to be shortened.

Thanks. Does the whole rearend have to come out?

pm mustang92 , bill will fill you in on everything you need to do to go with a spool. i think it would need to be removed. all that stuff has to be perfectly straight. make sure you let someone that really knows what theyre doing do it.

what part of ky you live?