Engine Rebuild: Short Block ?s

Jamesrolls5point0

Oct 25, 2015
Alright so some of you may have seen my other post about my factory block vs an aftermarket, sadly due to my lack of 4100$ and lack of power goal in excess of 600 hp we (me) are going to keep the factory block in play ... Now I have Never been this deep in to a motor before (the short block) my car had 56,000 miles on it when it got pulled and stock everything , except some BS intake... Anyways
I got the motor out and bolted to a stand and im looking over it , making sure my bores are spotless and stuff they have some light scratches that go like around in almost cross hatch ? Is this acceptable?? I have pictures and video, but what should I be looking for to make sure this block will be okay for my plans ? To my knowledge it isn't cracked but should have it checked out or do you think it's unnecessary? I was told to look at the bearings and check for grooves in the crank ... What else should I do ??
Also , should I worry about re ringing my Pistons ? I might as well right ???

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning all the carbon off my pistons because it seemed like a good idea and I had some degreaser and a few tooth brushes...
My power goal is "the most these parts will make with out blowing up my XXX block "
A little about the engine parts going on-
Currently speed density - will swap to MAF
255 fuel pump
60 pound injectors -
Vortech fuel regular
Trick flow 170 heads with trick flow rockers in stock ratio , heads ported alittle
Trick flow upper , 1 inch spacer and lower
75 mm throttle body and spacer fender mount cai
Currently the stock block and Pistons (forged ) car is 1988
Trick flow stage 1 cam
BBK ceramic long tubes 1 and 3/4 to 3 inch
3 inch high flow cats , borla exhaust
Tremec trans 3550 , light weight drive shaft
AC deleted
Smog deleted
Egr deleted (all sensors ️either replaced with duds - the fake resistance style or just no connected )
*** V3 SCI vortech kit set to 6-8 psi - will be running an intercooler too, maybe a meth kit*** - I read I should re ring my Pistons to a larger gap???
Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)