Rebuilding a Race Car Legend - The Ford GT

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I am sure that this has been mentioned before since this aired a while back.

I am sitting in Berlin, Germany (been here for almost a month) and I brought a bunch of American television shows with me on an external hard drive. I just got my first chance to watch Rebuilding a Race Car Legend, which aired on the Discovery Channel and all I have to say is WOW.

If you haven't seen this yet, it is a must. It takes you through the compete production of the Ford GT, including the 10 test vehicles and the paces that they put them through. They said that there goal was to beat one of the top end Ferrari's (I can't recall which one) by one to one and a half seconds per lap. With a 400 HP cobra engine (the 500 HP engine that they planned on using wasn't built yet), they were beating the ferrari by 3 to 4 seconds.

I recorded the show from a directv signal in it's digital format with a Directive / Tivo receiver so the picture quality is identical to the original stream. Of course, I edited out all of the commercials! The video file is just under 1 Gig. I will try to make it available using BitTorrent when I get back to the states in about a week.

later,

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I missed it and now am regretting it even more! They did stick in a 5.4L that they said produced 500hp; however, a engineering company that got there hands on one dynoed it at 565 at the wheels AND they where spinning the tires on the dyno. All I have to say is that this car is going to rule the road, and I pray to god that Ford builds a version for Le Mans and Daytona and once again, blows the compition out of the water.

edit: Please do get that video up as soon as you can!!!! :hail2: :)