Recaro Seats in 70 Mustang, need info..

Recaro Seats in early Mustang, good info+pics

Bought some nice Recaro leather seats, now I just need to find the brackets and sliders for 65-70 Mustang application. Does anybody know where to find some? I would appreciate any info.

Frank

• Sponsors (?)

hi frank, not sure if this will be real helpful but i have the recaro style seats in my car, they are actually 86 gt buckets. but the only thing i had to do to use the original 69 tracks was drill a coupl of extra holes for the mounting brackets in the seat bottom frame and they bolted right in. i'm pretty sure the recaros use the same seat track spacing as the 86 gt buckets so you should be able to do the same thing i did. recaros were an option on some of the early fox body cars like the 79 cobra and they bolt in exactly the same as the 86 gt seats i have, so you might check that out and give it a try. hope that helps

When I installed my Recaros (originally from a 1980 Mustang) , I went to a local store that sells Recaro seats and ordered the Recaro installation kit for a 69-70 Mustang/Cougar. The brackets mounted to the floor using the factory holes, then the seats bolted to the brackets.

What bnickel said... I had Recaros (from a '79 Indy Pace Car) in my Mach during it's daily driver years ('89-'96) and simply drilled one extra pair of holes per seat and installed my original tracks and sliders... worked perfectly.