Recommendations on suspension parts (which place to buy)

coupe5.0

Founding Member
Oct 31, 2000
I am dusting off my 68 fastback, getting ready to make it roadworthy again. Wondering where you all have purchased front end kits ect. from. Is the stuff from mustangs plus any good? Also, it looks like a whole kit while upper and lower control arms is the way to go as far as money. Do you think that rebuilding the stock arms is better?

Any input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I would of rather rebuilt my stock items but the upper control arms were cracked. I replaced them with stock ones from Virginia Mustang; but the sales people knowledge sucks as usual so better to buy from them online. They have Moog ball joints in them and are very good top quality pieces. I had the Mustang Plus ones (Magna) that are import crap. That is if you are staying stock.....

another question. does has anyone used the flaming river manual steering box? My car has power but it seems that it would be much easier to go with a manual setup, because my slave cylinder/control valve is junk. Would really like to have the rack kit, but its a little pricey.

I have the flaming river steering box as well. Good quality and the only thing I would do differnt is buy the 19:1 ratio instead of the 16:1 ratio. At low speed driving around town you better have both hands on the wheel to make turns otherwise you might not turn at all.