recommended lph fuel pump?

90lxfoxbody

Jan 11, 2006
hi everyone, i am building a somewhat mild 5.0 - tfs upper & lower, ported e7te's w/ three angle valve job and 1.7 fms aluminum roller rockers, b303, underdrives, cold air intake, ford svo ignition, procomp biller distributor, new #19 fuel injectors, new oem replacement bottom end rebuild. i will be spraying it with laughing gas from time to time - nothing too big. so which lph fuel pump would suit me best. and out of curiosity, what is the lph output of my factory pump?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a fuel pressure gauge under the hood, rev the engine once and watch what happens to Fuel Pressure as the rev's climb...

Why not just put in the 225 liter / hour pump? Any access fuel that is sent to the front of the motor is returned through the return line in the system.

Why not just put in the 225 liter / hour pump? Any access fuel that is sent to the front of the motor is returned through the return line in the system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, that way any future mods you wont have to worry about fuel supply, they cost about the same any way, Why buy new 19 lb injectors??
I would reccomend 24lb. 19 's run out fairly quickly, about 300 hp. Fuel gauge and a FPR i would reccomend also, helps out alot when tunign your combo.

You're from MI, I understand. :rlaugh:
Regardless, you do make a valid point although depending on brand and seller, the 255 can ofter go for much more, and would therefore be money spent unwisely as a 255 isn't necessary.

Most all of the fuel pumps are made by the same manufacturer, they are just resold under other companies names, which some of them charged a bit more for the larger pumps, I think I paid 100 for mine.. Wallbro pump,

Yeah MI, I am not used to having no snow....throwing everything off..:D

If you plan on a supercharger in the near future get the 255, if not, get the 155.

The 190 serves very little purpose, it's not enough to feed a supercharged car, and a 155 is enough to feed a 425+rwhp NA car, so...

Walbro literally makes almost all pumps, including some if not all of the ford ones used in our cars.
But check with FMS dealers, because i guess ford had an overstock with pumps in the mounting brackets (all others come alone and you have to put it in the stock bracket) and they were selling them pretty cheap.

vote

Hello all,

I would vote a 155lph or MAYBE a 190lph, depending on how much your going to spray that stuff........or depending on what you are planning to do with the motor in the future. Bigger may be better, but that does depend on you driving.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Bill

wow, thanks for all the input guys. i am going with the #19 injectors for cost reasons. i got pretty much wiped out during the 'cane season of 04 and i am still recovering financially. i left daytona with my cat, my car and the shirt on my back. so need less to say these improvements on my car are a luxury, and i am having to spend the absolute bare minimum on the project. i want a fuel pump that will work well with my current mods and anything i might do down the road, but i don't foresee getting too radical with it. i think at this point the 155 lph might be the right one. thanks again for all your input.

I've never heard of this fuel heating up thing... Seems bogus to me. I'm sure it warms up in the fuel rails in the engine bay, but it's dumped back into the tank where it'll obviously cool back off.