Fox Reeling in a CTS-V at Inde Motorsports Ranch

MFE92

10 Year Member
Aug 25, 2010
Phoenix
This is the last of several laps trying to reel in a 2017 CTS-V sedan at Inde Motorsports Ranch on Saturday. Goddamn, those things are rocketships. 640hp just walks away in the straights compared to 320 in mine. I was on borrowed Toyo RA1's that were reportedly 7-8 years old, and I was 3 seconds a lap faster on them than I was on the relatively new Nitto NT01's that I corded earlier in the day. Toyos were 275's and the Nitto's were 255's but damn.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, he wasn't taking them badly, he was practicing a late-apex approach, but there are a few corners there where I *think* it doesn't pay off, and I was going inside earlier. He might get a faster speed on the exit, but it's taking him longer to get there because so much more distance traveled, and not enough time on the throttle afterward to pay a reward.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't know if that was late apex approach or understeer from the heavy nose of those cars. It sure looked like the push washed him up into late apex.

Cool stuff, always like your vids. Used to watch them on the Corral all the time.