reg subframes vs. full length

• Sponsors (?)

matsm21 said:
definately a noticible difference though?
I've read here on StangNet that for a vert it's VERY noticable. I have a coupe and I'm probably going to get full lengths welded in sometime this winter... Atleast, I'd like to.

I hope some vert owners with sfc's can come and confirm...

Vert subframes are supposedly worthless and nearly non existant, not just by word of mouth but by magazines such as MM&FF, R&T, etc

I cant tell you the difference though because im welding some full lengths in around Christmas (although there will definitely be a difference for you, plus the fact you are adding to the life of your car)

I have full length KB weldins on my 1998GT vert, and I love them. They do make a noticeable difference. I would also suggest lowering the car to change the stance. It looks much better to me lower. Just my .02!

My bullitt stock came with the same lame tin foil braces that the verts come with. They are useless.

regular SFC's connect the frame rails, but connect in such a short area that their strength is much lower than a full length.

Considering how cheap good full length braces are, go for it.
I can get you a good price on the Steeda's

Will you notice the difference? Hell yeah!
After welding in my full lengths, it was night and day.

Think of them like a shifter or gears. Sure, your car came with them. Were they any good? There's a reason everyone has these things, because the work! :D