Regular Mufflers or Resonators?

carny

Nov 11, 2004
Well i was thinking of getting a SLP exhaust system for my mustang cause so far it's the best sound i've heard.. but on their site they have 2 systems their mufflers or resonators? what are the pros and cons of both? or any other suggestions for exhausts?

also should i just buy the mufflers or resonators and have them custom put in or is it cheaper to buy the systems?

thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

i had my dynomax mufflers welded in and as far as i can tell there is no 'real' advantage to getting a whole catback besides the fact that your getting 1/4 inch bigger tubing (meaning a tad bit extra power) and the nice chrome tips. I payed 180$ to buy the mufflers and have them welded in. And when i buy my new 3.5 inch tips ill be spending about 100$ more which brings the total to 280$. The catback is a bout 400$, so i saved 120$ which i spent on my offroad h.

sound will be the exact same. However you gotta remember that their is a break in to the mufflers. After about 1000 miles they will start sounding a little louder. Atleast mine did...

i just want it to sound good and slp is the best sound i've heard so far.. dont know if i have heard magnapacks

and will the resonators pass inspection the same as reguALR MUFFLERS?

hey man, i have the SLP LM1 with SLP catted x-pipe. click on the link in my sig to see some short vids.

i just ordered the LM2 muffs and they would have been here today if the dumbasses i ordered them from knew the difference between Pennsylvania and Arkansas :bang: anyway, i highly reccomend the SLP modular system. like some of the guys said, its high quality, mandrel bent stainless steel, and you can swap out between three different muffs/resonators.

check out this link, scroll half way down, and it will show you the difference between the LMI, LMII and Powerflo. the LM1 will be the loudest, and a little raspier than the LMII. you will definitely turn heads with it. the LM2 is a bit more reserved than the LMI, but still quite loud, and not as raspy as the LMI. The poweflo's i havent heard in person, but ive been told they are still loud (not as loud as the LM's) and somewhat comparable to flow's, but dont have the drone that flow's do. thats just what ive been told though. :shrug:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8mag.htm

anyway, here's another link with vids of a guy with the LMII's and stock h-pipe. just remember, when you install an aftermarked mid-pipe, (preferably a catted X with the LMI) it will really open up the exhaust.
http://www.putfile.com/blue2kmustanggt

good luck in deciding :nice:

sorry, they're pretty good vids. they dont do the system justice, but do give you an idea of what you're getting. anyway, if you have any other questions about slp just ask. i have their X and cat-back, and i installed both myself so i can give you some advice if you need some

lol i like how rpmoutle.com says...
Added a consistent 25+ rwhp!

if anyone saw this and was curious...this is by tfar the biggest lie evar! unless u have some serious other mods and THEN decided to add a c/b would it cause anywhere close to 25rwhp

however...i have SLP LM1's myself and would not change them out for anything :flag:

rpmoutlet is on my **** list. good prices, 10% off, but they shipped my **** right through my town and off to PA. could have installed them yesterday :( i politely questioned what they could do to rectify this, and got the usual "there's nothing we can do about it" and they didnt even offer to give me a reach around...... :(

so now the man in brown shorts is gonna drop my stuff off at my parents house, and they'll have to pay to ship it to me. :nonono: they have some good deals and everythings always in stock, but place your order by phone, or follow up on it by calling them if you order it on-line. not having parts on time is teh suck :notnice:

jayfstang said:
just installed borla stinger catbacks. hands down the best exhaust out there. a little more expensive but don't compromise. nothing else sounds like it. :D
yeah, the stingers are another good one. did you, by any chance, notice a part # on the stinger mufflers? :shrug: you can get slp's resonators/muffs, and the magnapacks seperately, but for the life of me i cant get the p/n for the stingers alone. any help would be nice :nice: