Reichard Racing intake manifold anyone?

OregonMustang

May 18, 2004
Newberg,OR
Hi all....

In my quest for power I came across the Reichard Racing intake manifold.
They are a bolt on replacement for the stock 4.6L 2V says Reichard.

Supposedly you can see a 55+ hp increase over a stock Bullit intake. Now given that on a NA engine you get like 5 to 8hp gains with a Bullit intake....is it even possible to see a 55+ hp increase on my stock cams, and heads?

I'm assuming these are inakes for Boosted engines correct?

Crap! LOL

• Sponsors (?)

OregonMustang said:
Damn are their no aftermarket intake manifolds other then the stock one available for a 4.6 2V?

I have heard horror stories about Bullit intakes being put on a stock GT.

Dang it. LOL

You said it, and it's true...nothing out there right now for the masses. The bullit is nice, but pricey and the gain is not that great. But it's about the only choice for mild 2V 4.6 motors. So, for now, we're stuck with the plastic OEM one.
A couple of companies continue to promise of new manifolds for the 4.6 2V 'very soon', but they've been saying that for about 12-18 months.

Just a footnote... on the RR ...the pictures I've look like it uses an Oval Cobra style throttle body, I believe??

reichard.jpg

even boosted most cars seem to run +7K RPM out of them to show their power increase. I'd consider the P51 all in all it's much cheaper than a total bullit swap, and probably wouldn't need the typically reccomended additional porting and polishing a bullit does. Plus it has proven on thier website to make power boosted, and n/a I believe. That route is not too shabby. I may get one unless something better is out when I get to it. The Fox Lake P51 sure is ugly though.

On the Fox Lake P-51 (yeah, I agree, it's ugly! Looks like something I would have built in metal shop in high school!) But, anyway, from their website, here are some results on a completely, 100% stock 02 GT:
"There was no loss in horsepower or torque throughout the entire RPM range. Something every intake designer would like to see but rarely it happens. Gain at peak horsepower was 8.8 RWHP and gain at peak torque was 8.5 RWTQ. But the gains under the curve were even more impressive:

There was a max gain of 17 RWHP at 5400 RPM and 21 RWTQ at 2400 RPM! Average horsepower climbed from 187 RWHP to 198 RWHP, a 12 RWHP gain. Average torque climbed from 246 RWTQ to 257 RWTQ, an 11 RWTQ gain."

The manifold alone is $999. The manifold kit (with gaskets, hardeware and hi-flow billet fuel rails) is $1299. There are (still) offering $100 off if you 'order now' since they are still not yet in production.
Check out the full details at--> http://foxlake.accrisoft.com/index.php?submenu=Intake_Manifolds&src=news&prid=44&category=Front Page

Also, everyone might want to check their "Tons of Mustang Links" link...they have literally a ton of links, neatly organized. Nice one stop shopping.