Relatively Low Profile Single Plane For 351w In A 66?

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
Granada Hills, California
I have a 408 stroker that is getting rebuilt in my 66. It currently has a Weiand Stealth on it, which has been a great intake, but frankly the thing makes more torque than I'm ever going to need and for the purposes of part longevity, tire life, keeping the thing going straight and so forth I would think a single plane might be a good idea.

Of course, 66' 351w fits are tight. I have had to use a drop base air cleaner to fit the Stealth. I'm pretty sure I'm running the 65' mounts as well, which are lower profile. I know I at least looked into that.

I'm wondering if there are any 351w single plan intakes that would fit in the spot the Stealth is without mods... or maybe would with some slight milling? Don't want to go with any hood scoops or modified hoods. I'd have to verify the 65 mounts are there; if they aren't maybe I could utilize that too.

I guess a modern Weiand Xcelerator or similar, advertising a power band up to about 6500 or 7000 like the stealth, would be ideal. I don't know those intakes as well as I know the Performer RPM/Air Gap/Stealth segment, so need all the input I can get.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)