Remote starter questions

Tim From Clevel

Dec 15, 2008
I am looking to get a remote starter for my car. A couple quesions for those who have gotten them. First off I got the "Safety and Security" package with my car. In the manual it says you need to get a Ford installed remote starter due to the security system in the car. Does anyone know if this is true? I have gotten mixed results asking around.

Second quesion is which starter to go with and where to get it installed. I went to Best Buy yesterday and they told me it would be around $350 for the setup. They had several models of starters to choose from and I did not know the difference between them.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

I install for circuit city in Maine, My install shop has teh highest number of remote starters a year in the company. Directed Electronics sells a 2-way Security/Starter System for manual transmissions for about $400 installed Here is the link to DEI's product that we sell and install i have one and it is awesome.
PM if you have any questions i can get soem discounts on product too... Just so you know.
Python – Security with Remote Start - Python 872