Remove ABS Module 97 V6

StA

Aug 28, 2020
Germany
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding my 1997 V6. The ABS light came on a while and it stays on constantly.
Found lots of good advice in this forums and also some good info in various tutorials. I had a buddy come over with a professional scanner that can also read ABS codes but got no response from the abs module. I got the same result when I followed the instructions in this video (youtube.com/watch?v=jVdQRXEMhJc).
The sensors and connectors have all been cleaned and the fuses checked out fine as well. I would like to take a look at the abs module itself - however i cannot find any info on how to remove this particular model of abs module. I found plenty of tutorials for other mustangs. Can someone give me a hint how many screws i need to remove to separate the module from the pump (see attached image for the type of module in my stang)? Maybe someone has one of these module laying around and can take a few pictures that show the locations of the screws?
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Achim

absMod.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Update:
I removed the entire unit - the hydraulic unit with the attached module.
After removing the cover, I was a tad suprised - inside it looks very different from what i expected.
I included a few pictures.

Question 1: Does anyone have some tips on how to perform some bench testing on the unit ?

Question 2: What would you recommend - trying to repair the unit or just installing a spare part (although that is a bit of a pain due to international shipping and such)?

Thanks

Achim

IMG_20200831_142520_131.png IMG_20200831_142524_373.png IMG_20200831_142539_500.png

There is no info because Ford sells the ABS HCU as an assembly. You can probably figure it out. I have stories to tell about a 95 SHO lemon law candidate that I finally fixed. It had 5 ohms on a ground wire that needed less than1.5. I checked it a bunch or times and figured it ok. 2 HCU's later and the engineer wanted to install a third. Figured it out at my house over a bottle of good whisky right before driving it into the dam. Used to have a lot of trouble with air suspension pump relays. The HCU's pump relay is internal I believe