Remove keyless remote programming

itln.stln

May 14, 2010
Arizona
Hi all,

I just got my (new to me) 99 GT last week and the previous owner gave me 2 karr remotes and 1 factory remote. I figured I have no use for the factory remote because of the other karr ones, so I tried to program it for my Taurus. That worked great, however the factory remote still controls the mustang and if I hit the unlock button or the trunk button the alarm goes on the mustang. Do any of you know how to remove the factory remote from the Mustang so I can use it on my Taurus?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh::lol:

I know how you feel,I have done the exact same thing.I installed an alarm on my Mach and deceided to use the factory remote for my wifes taurus so I would have keyless on it..but it still controls the Mach...:shrug:

Sorry I dunno how o fix it,guess I just never worried about it since I almost never drive the Taurus.

Yea it sucks, and the strange thing is, this morning I tried to unlock the taurus with my previous fob and the it wouldn't unlock, I had to reprogram the taurus for the old fob, which made even less sense. I hope someone has an idea on how to get around this.

Thanks again.

if u want the remote to be erased u have to have both remotes in the car when u program the one u want ... when u do the key on key off process and its time to hit the buttons on the remote u want programed only hit those buttons and as long as the other remote the one u dont want programmed is in the car it should be erased ... i sell cars for ford i program remotes all the time this should work

if u want the remote to be erased u have to have both remotes in the car when u program the one u want ... when u do the key on key off process and its time to hit the buttons on the remote u want programed only hit those buttons and as long as the other remote the one u dont want programmed is in the car it should be erased ... i sell cars for ford i program remotes all the time this should work

Question: How do I program the 'Option' button? Whenever I press it, it doesn't do anything.

well i also have a 99 gt and i just took both my remotes and done the process as i always do and when i only hit the buttons on one remote the other stopped working just like i figured it did but had to double check for u guys ... anyways good luck man if that dont work its crazy to me ...