removed intake now won,t run right

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
The other day i removed my intake to check the injectors when i put it back on and started it, it reved just fine, but when i put it in drive or in reverse the rpms would drop and almost stall and rev it(pedal to the floor) the rpms increase very slowly and the rpms step up (no smooth increase) WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS??

also i unhooked tps, iac, throttle body, intake vac hose from tree, pcv, egr, fuel presure vac hose, all injector wiring whenit was removed.

• Sponsors (?)

check to make sure you hooked everything up correctly, especially vac lines. It seems your problem is only when the engine is under load.

Maybe a dumb question...but did you place the upper to lower intake gasket on properly?

Yeah, I was just talking about making sure the surfaces were clean before putting it on. The only thing I could think of was that something didn't get hooked up the right way. You might wanna clean up your harnesses...i'm sure that's not ur problem but it never hurts to clean things up a bit.

Let us know how things went after rechecking everything. It's easy to accidentally unplug something...such as a fuel injector plug that wasn't in ALL the way.

good luck man
clay

Do ensure that everything is indeed hooked back up.

A stockish motor should pull nearly 20" hg of vac at idle.

Good luck.

make sure you have your air inlets all hooked up tight. I had a similar problem when my MAF/Filter came loose and fell off the powerpipe. i couldn't figure out what it was for the life of me. took me practically all night to figure out, that was frustrating i can tell you.

drakesdad said:
That's what I'm thinking.....I would check the T behind the intake...that on broke on me......check your egr vac lines.......as well....good luck
yeah the first time i pulled my intake that T was very brittle and cracked in half, luckily i noticed it before i put it all back tegether

well i didn,t have time to take intake off ,so i will do it tommorrow(my day off), or i wont go in to work on friday morning. so i checked vacuum is between 17-19, i can hear a hissin behind the intake and somewhere in front of the throttle body, but put some seafoam through vac tree it helped a little with part throttle but not wot.

cbarr300 said:
Let us know how things went after rechecking everything. It's easy to accidentally unplug something...such as a fuel injector plug that wasn't in ALL the way.
clay

Yeah, the same thing happened to me once on my truck hence why I said that, lol...drove me crazy :bang: .

Glad you found the problem man. :nice:

Clay