removing '66 dash completely

roy4lty

Aug 14, 2004
Houston
has anyone removed their dash entirely from their mustang? im trying to figure out how to get mine out and im stumped. ive removed two brackets that were welded to the bottom of the dash. ive also unbolted everything attached to the dash that i could see. the dash still wont budge. anyone have any ideas? know of some secret stealthy ninja screws i have to do backflips to get to? help me out before i get the torch :flame: out!

• Sponsors (?)

The first question I would like to ask is why? And now for the bad news....the top of the dash bends up and forms the inside edge of the windshield mounting lip, where the gasket goes, so you either have to cut all the spot welds along the top of the cowl or you have to cut it as close to the cowl as possible with a sawzall. Once again, WHY? If you are planning on putting it back in there is no reason to take it out because it will cause more trouble that it is worth. If yours is damaged and you are replacing it then cut the one out of the salvage car carefully to learn what you need to do. If you are leaving it out then I have no idea what your intentions are so good luck.