Removing Automatic Tranny

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
What all do I need to remove to be able to pull the tranny with the engine? My old SN95 was a manual, so I've never worked with the autos before.

I unhooked the shifter from the console, but there's still the shifter cable and something else attached to the bottom. I need to finish pulling the exhaust too. I just undid the headers from the engine since I couldn't get to the bolts where they connect to the exhaust, but it looks like I'll either have to unbolt it, or take the sawzall to it. Leaning towards he latter of the two.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I got all the exhaust cut off. Still need to unhook the O2 sensors. Got the shifter out, unbolted the two nuts on the bottom of the tranny for the mount. Are they any more mounts I need to worry about?

I think all I've got left on the tranny before it can come out is the speed sensor and the cooler lines.

Iirc, all you need are the tranny mount bolts, cooler lines and disconnect the shift cable at the mlps.
engine and tranny harness i believe comes out with everything if disconnected at the engine bay firewall.