Removing drivers and passengers seat

OneStiffGT

Jan 18, 2006
Canada
I tried searching the forums for an answer but came up with only how-to's for the rear seats :S

I need to remove my front passenger and drivers seats so I can put in the Sparco's which I have purchased. The 2 bolts that are located in the front of the seat comes right off, but the two bolts that are on the back (one on each side) doesn't seem to want to come off :shrug: I allready broke one of them, so thats when I called it quits, and soaked a can of liquid wrench on the remaning 3.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

• Sponsors (?)

One of mine was a ****** to get out too. Look under the car, just bend down, and you can see the bolts (as previously mentioned) .. Just PB blast the crap out of em and tap on the top of the bolt lightly with a hammer to work the lube down into the threads good. Unless they are stupid rusted, they should come out after a good soak.

I'm going to be taking mine out this weekend to clean the interior really well. I sure hope I don't break a bolt! Anyone have problems with rattles or anything after installing them again?

That article just says take off four bolts, and its straight forward. I wish that was the case with me.

After looking under my car, i figured that my subframe connectors bolt onto the seat bolts. So my guess is that when they put in the subframe connectors they use an impact gun to tighten them and now they wont come out easly. I am just going to take it to a shop for them to take it off and drill out the broken bolt and retap it for me, it will save me the trouble of doing so, and breaking the other bolts.