Removing Head Unit Questions

thaBIGRED

Jul 8, 2005
Hello, I am purchasing a V6 2005 stang... very excited I must say. I had a few questions because my first project is going to be to remove the shaker 500 headunit and replace it with a kenwood. I was wondering how dificult removing the stock headunit is becuase I do not see any holes from the pictures I am looking at... does this mean I have to remove the dash then remove the head unit? How do I remove the dash? Is it something that can be easily accomplished? Also, I was wondering... if when I remove the stock headunit, will I still be able to control my color and all the other features available in the interior upgrade? Where will I control them with the stock headunit gone?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i dont have the my color, but it is in the top left corner above the radio, right? i dont see what it would have to do with the radio. should be fine. here is a link for removal of the trim for the radio. we have a search feature for common questions. there is a similar link a few lines down from yours about most of this post already. but, you also asked about the my color. you could probably posted in that thread and gotten an answer as well.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=557675&highlight=remove+radio

I can have the HU completely out now in about 7 minutes from start to finish. I think the first time I did it it took around 20 because I was being extremely careful. I have PDFs of how to remove the entire center console, straight from the Ford tech book. Going to try sending them to you as I cant attach them here.