Removing Ignition switch and truck lock

Max Power

Jul 31, 2003
St Paul
Just took delivery of the Grande Monday, and I could use a little help as I don't have the repair manual yet. The car has no keys, and the ignition switch is busted out but the guts are still there. Also, the trunk is locked.

What's the best way to remove the ignition switch so I can throw a new one in, and also the best way to get the trunk open? I would rather not pay for a locksmith.

• Sponsors (?)

Just took delivery of the Grande Monday, and I could use a little help as I don't have the repair manual yet. The car has no keys, and the ignition switch is busted out but the guts are still there. Also, the trunk is locked.

What's the best way to remove the ignition switch so I can throw a new one in, and also the best way to get the trunk open? I would rather not pay for a locksmith.

Best off to pay a locksmith...the only way to do it is drill it without the keys. The grande has double sided ignition barrel. I was able to pick a 66 lock in a easy 15 seconds but it was only single sided. I didnt have the keys either :(

In your case, just pay a locksmith.