removing LCA's..Can you do it with the mufflers on?

Im installing my springs, LCAs, and CC plates tomorrow. Ive got a question about removing the LCAs. Can I get the chassis bolt out with the mufflers still in place? All the write ups ive read havent mentioned anything about taking off the mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

Mac Flowpath catback here and I had to remove the muffler section from the flowtubes. It could have just been how they are mounted, but I did not have enough room to get to the bolt.

Otherwise, the install isn't bad... didn't have any problem with the bolts coming out. If you are worried about the bolt being seized, spray some PB Blaster (or other penetrating lubricant) on the bolt a few days before you go to remove them.

However, biggest PITA was pressing the new bushings in the LCA's. Tip: jam a small screwdriver or punch between the bushing and its housing when you are pressing them in (do this AFTER they are greased). This will let the air out and allow the bushing to fully seat. Thankfully my buddy gave me that tip, it kept me from going insane.

I already have the bushings installed in the arm. That really wasnt hard at all. I put the greased up the bushings and they slid right in. I had to hammer in the middle tube, but that was the worse of it.

And I already sprayed the bolts with some PB. Im about to go out and spray some more.

I hope it all goes smoothly!