Removing the Vinyl Racing Stripe

So...I'm currently in the process of removing the black vinyl racing stripe on my car, and the stripes at the bottom of the doors.

I'm having a pretty easy time removing the stripes using a hair dryer, but my problem comes in at trying to remove the sticky stuff underneath the sticker. I've tried the hair dryer, I've tried Goo Gone, I've tried WD 40, I've tried a wet rag...nothing is making it much easier.

Any suggestions from anyone? Also, could a local body shop remove these stickers? If so, how much do you think they would charge?

• Sponsors (?)

get a can of acrysol it will take the glue off and do absolutly no damage to the finish i bought a can on a web site called "dixie karts they use it to dress the tire of go carts. But it is widly used in most detailing departments of dealships learned this trick from a friend on another site who works at a dealership great stuff took my dealership sticker glue right off no marks or haze trust the acrysol.

get some preps-all

works great. i custom painted a jr dragster and it had vinyl on it before we painted it, sat there with a rubber wheel to remove the stripes, and a heat gun on the otherside and prepsall to remove the residue.