Removing Vinyl Graphics from Car?

Mustang95

Founding Member
Oct 20, 1999
Huntsville, AL
I was wondering if anyone knew of the best and easist way to remove vinyl graphics from a vehicle. The graphics are vinyl racing stripes and are not wanting to come off easy so far. They peel just a small amount before breaking, making it impossible to peel them straight off. Thanks for any help on how to remove them easier.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you can use windex, or any other cleaner with ammonia to help break down the glue. I know that helps when removing window tint, and I think its the same type of glue. I dunno.... :shrug: worth a try to spray some on and let it sit, then try again. If there is any residue left you can try goo gone, that stuff will take off anything...you can get it anywhere, kmart, home depot, you name it....

There is a wheel you can put on a drill that takes it off without damaging the paint. I used it once at a friends place on a car he was painting. It's made of a rubber type material that heats up the vinyl. My friends gone on vacation or i'd ask him.

Thanks everybody, the best thats working so far is the hair dryer method to heat them up and then peel them off. I then am using goo-gone to get rid of the adhesive residue. Thanks for all of your tips and suggestions.