replacing drivers side window switch

I just discovered that my window wont roll up. I can hear the motor clicking when I press the button to roll it down, but nothing when I try to roll it up. The passenger side still works.

Anyways how hard is it to replace the switch? I found a new one on LRS for $20.

• Sponsors (?)

ehhhh sorta kinda. You gotta tear the door apart to get to the window motor. Then you got to take apart some of the components attached to the motor. to replace the motor ( if that is the problem). Be careful, while the window was down my dad sliced some of his fingers attempting to take the motor off the door.

The click you hear when you press down, is the auto-down relay. Mine was doing the same thing.

Be careful taking the plastic apart because there are a few screws holding it in as well as those stupid plastic clips. The panel can be taken off without removing your speakers by the rear view mirror (if equipped).

Do not remove the motor from the assembly while it's in the car. You will hurt yourself. It is spring loaded and sharp. The entire assembly will come out in a matter of minutes. If I remember correctly I had to bend a tab on the left side of the track out of the way, and remove a bolt or two.

You will need two people though. One to hold the window up to the correct height to get the motor components out.