Replacing rear spkrs on 95 vert with mach 460

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
Has anyone replaced the Mach 460 speakers from the rear side pannels on a 1995 GT vert? I have replaced all of the other components (HU, Amps,front speakers, put subs in the trunk) but I need to replace the above speakers. When I pulled the side pannels, I found a combined speaker module which doesn't have a way to remove the speaker without removing everything.

Some one out there must have done this already -- please help

• Sponsors (?)

I wanna replace my speakers with some infinitys. But would probably keep the stock amps if possible. I want to get a 4 channel some day but today isn't that day. Let me know if this is possible and what needs to be done. I already have subs and a pioneer cd player hooked up to it. Its a 98 GT with Mach460

DJHA90 said:
No one has done this?
You can put a new speaker in there, look under the foam and there are four torx heads that hold it in, unbolt those pull speaker out, remove old wire or splice into it, run new wire and drop the new speakers in and you are set, just leave the factory tweeter disconnected. Let me know if you need more help Dan
And to answer the question on replacing the speakers and keeping the stock amps, you can do it but the new speakers are 4 ohm which will put more of a strain on the amps and eventually cause them to burn out. You would be better off running new wire from your headunit it would sound better.