Repro Glass Tinting, Bolt Vs Glue In

j69302

Jan 31, 2006
I am looking into replacing the glass in my 69. It has the original glue in door glass with the light green tint.

1st question, has anybody purchased the reproduction glass? How does it fit and look?

2nd, Are there any advantages to bolt in glass vs glue in glass?

My biggest issue is that even though the windows roll up fairly nicely, there is a lot of slop in the linkages, even with new regulators and this causes rattling while driving which is really annoying.

And third, Does anyone know what the "SMOKE" tint looks like? I'm assuming this is a black colored tint instead of the green tint.

If anyone has pictures of the Smoke tint installed, I would really like to see how they look.

And lastly, I have found all the hardware, bushings, plastic sliders, and the vertical guide rods. I have not seen any of the tracks. If I were to be installing windows inside of a brand new door shell, what else would I need?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

70 bolt in is way better. the 69 will eventualy fall out . i havn't used the new glass yet but i will soon. you will need the 4 lower mounting plates and the regulators for a 70. i think i saw the plates in Mustangs Unlimited. i am planing on going with electric regulators when i do mine.

Most complete kit? Are there more parts than the 4 brackets per door? I was Loooking at CJPonyParts conversion kit and it's just the 8 brackets.

Would love to see some pics of those cars with the smoke glass.