Reset Shaker 500?

visual0ne

Jul 22, 2006
Tennessee
I recently installed Ford's Trip Tunes. While doing so I unplugged my Shaker 500. Now I have plugged it back up and it won't power on. I called the local dealer and he says it has to be hooked up to a computer to reset it, and that it will cost $75. Is there any way around this? Can anyone please help? I have no tunes at all in my brand new car, and no money for a dealer reset.

• Sponsors (?)

visual0ne said:
I recently installed Ford's Trip Tunes. While doing so I unplugged my Shaker 500. Now I have plugged it back up and it won't power on. I called the local dealer and he says it has to be hooked up to a computer to reset it, and that it will cost $75. Is there any way around this? Can anyone please help? I have no tunes at all in my brand new car, and no money for a dealer reset.

Why would that cost you money? It's still under warrantee. I think they are trying to rip you off.

You might want to buy a device that reads the OBD-II computer. There are several different kinds and the cost varies. I bought one that hooks up to my laptop. Then I can see over 120 different settings and see how the car is running. I havent looked to see if the Shaker setting is in there, but I will look the next time I hook it up.

paland said:
You might want to buy a device that reads the OBD-II computer. There are several different kinds and the cost varies. I bought one that hooks up to my laptop. Then I can see over 120 different settings and see how the car is running. I havent looked to see if the Shaker setting is in there, but I will look the next time I hook it up.

Keep me posted on if it reads the Shaker. If so, let me know what kind of device you are using, what its called and where you got it, ect... I did however get it seviced today and they got it powering on but it won't pick up radio stations. Anyone know anything about this or had this problem too?

visual0ne said:
Keep me posted on if it reads the Shaker. If so, let me know what kind of device you are using, what its called and where you got it, ect... I did however get it seviced today and they got it powering on but it won't pick up radio stations. Anyone know anything about this or had this problem too?

I bought the Pro Scan from this site: http://www.myscantool.com/ and I got the one that reads all 4 types since I want to read the other cars. Mine cost $160 or so. but if you only want the Ford one, it cost $129 I think.