Restore GFX Side Skirts

Hey everyone,

Very new here, just out of luck. Hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction.

Recently bought a 89' Mustang GT, shes in a bit of rough shape. Nothing I don't think I can't handle.

However, one of many issues. Is the side skirt GFX on the passenger side, it has gotten pretty decently warped. Doesn't sit flush at the moment.

I've been scouring the internet the past few days for some type of replacement part. Websites don't sell them. Oh and of course most parted Fox's near me either, don't have the GFX body kit, or they already sold them.

So instead of buying a new set, was curious if there was possible way to restore them to their former glory?

Appreciate any help in advance.

I have a decent pic of the car showing the side skirts, hopefully it uploads.

Attachments

• bald eagle.jpeg
    bald eagle.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 158
  • Sponsors (?)

It you haven’t already, do some searches for “Fox Body Mustang parts” on OfferUp, LetGo, and Craigslist. Ive seen a few postings where someone will put like one or two parts up but then the narrative says something like “I’ve got tons of Fox body Mustang parts, hit me up with what you need and I will let you know what I have”. Might be worth a try..

It you haven’t already, do some searches for “Fox Body Mustang parts” on OfferUp, LetGo, and Craigslist. Ive seen a few postings where someone will put like one or two parts up but then the narrative says something like “I’ve got tons of Fox body Mustang parts, hit me up with what you need and I will let you know what I have”. Might be worth a try..

I actually was just looking on the Facebook marketplace, and sure enough. Found of one or two mint side skirts and even a bumper, which I will need.

Went ahead and messaged a few people with those listings, waiting for a reply now....fingers crossed.

I'll go ahead and check out Offerup and Letgo, first time I'm hearing about those two sites. Thanks for the suggestions my man!

Reactions: 1 user
I actually was just looking on the Facebook marketplace, and sure enough. Found of one or two mint side skirts and even a bumper, which I will need.

Went ahead and messaged a few people with those listings, waiting for a reply now....fingers crossed.

I'll go ahead and check out Offerup and Letgo, first time I'm hearing about those two sites. Thanks for the suggestions my man!
Glad to hear you made some potential progress. Fingers crossed.

No problem. I've had some good lucks with those apps...I found my Fox Body through OfferUp and have sold a part through LetGo.

How about a heat gun and spatula to reform the warps while you are looking for a better set?
I have seen bumper covers reshaped, I do not know how it will work on a straight surface.

How about a heat gun and spatula to reform the warps while you are looking for a better set?
I have seen bumper covers reshaped, I do not know how it will work on a straight surface.

Heat gun and spatula?
Would you mind elaborating more? Haha

I fortunately, have both.

I found a connection for better side skirts. So, if i mess the original one up trying to fix, I can get the other ones like planned lol.

Softening plastics (or a violin bow stick) without melting or burning is something you either have the patience for or not. Please have ventilation in case you get into a hurry and make smoke.