results of my AOD to t5 swap

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
Well I finished the swap but!!!!! the guy that sold me the T5 kinda got over on me since I didnt do my homework, in that he sold me a 4 banger T5 that he said was out of a 5.0 but the tranny still had the single stud mount attached so I cant see how it was ever in a 5.0. I learned a lesson. Anyway the trans shifts fine but 1st gear is virtually non existent since im already running 410s. Now Im thinking that I should either yank it out and build it into a z spec or simply swap out the 410s for 355s keeping in mind that the car will never see the track or deviate from stock horsepower very much.

If I go the 355 route which speedo gear would I use ?

• Sponsors (?)

I have 410's in my 91 GT and my T5's first gear is pretty useless. It seems way too short. I have reason to believe it was also from a 4 cylinder car as well. I'm sure it has the 3.31 first gear. The z spec I think is 2.95. I will be rebuilding mine also and would like to do the z spec as well. Of course I am running a 24.5" tire which the previous owner put on so I'm sure that makes 1st gear seem even worse. I will be putting a 26" tire on soon and maybe larger if I decide to roll the fender wells. I'm hoping that will make 1st a little more useful.