Retrofit Tacoma Struts in a Stang

Pics of the Camber Plates and My Rear Suspension Rebuild

HPIM5633.jpg

The above is the pic of the modified camber plate. From a previous post, I purchased some for a late model Mustang and modified them to fit my application.

I am currently tearing the car apart and replacing sheet metal and the such. My frame rails were toast and I wanted a coil over suspension. So I am going with this here. I got the idea from this post combined with many hours studying other coilover systems. I believe the ride will be much better and the price is just right. I am at a total of $400 for all the parts to get it done, it will have a watts link also. I will be posting more pics as progress happens.

HPIM5631.jpg

I have subframe connectors in this car. Everything is really solid now. I am taking the engine out tomorrow to start in on the engine bay and sprucing up the engine. Once the engine bay is done, I will take out the rest of the interior and get the seat pans lowered. After this is finished, I am spraying in some Liner Xtreme and then doing some sound deadening to the whole thing.

• Sponsors (?)

I drove my car last night, yeah it is finally getting back together enough to drive it. With the new strut suspension and the Taurus R&P I have the same amount of turning radius as when it was factory original. It is so much easier to drive and way better. The best part is I have the strut suspension, 96 mustang brakes and it rides and handles so smooth. With the rear end setup I have in hear, this thing realy rides better than a new stang in my books. I have driven my cousins '07 and prefer my 40yr car over hers.

I will be posting my website where you can buy the arms, the whole strut suspension, or just parts of it. I will also be manufacturing the rear ends setup as well. Look for Zimms Custom Stangs to be coming soon.