Retuned and new dyno numbers are in!!

tank_567

Mar 19, 2007
Raleigh, Nc
.....450rwhp/521rwtq SAE @ 12.5lbs boost!! Very happy with the numbers, boost is falling hard(down to 9/10lbs) after 4500rpm, need turbo smart boost controller so it will hold the waste gate closed. The eddy intake is the cause of the boost drop. Also I have 4-6 bad COPs and also the O2s are also bad. My Brother said w/ just installing new COPs/O2s it should pick up 15-20 more hp. Just from the tune I picked up 50rwhp and 21rwtq. Not bad after two pulls. I dont have a before and after intake dyno sheet, however I have one before and after tune. I did look at the old dyno sheet and It looks like I made 67more rwhp @ 6000rpm over the stock intake! VIDEO YouTube - New Dyno Tune Numbers Turbo 2v Mustang GT <----Recorded on cell phone cam..

4-22-2011%207%3B02%3B37%20PM.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

i have a buddy running the edelbrock intake with TF heads and he is having some MAJOR boost issues. his will barely break 500 on 18 psi. i think it it the cams since the power falls from 530 at 5200rpm to 380 at 5600 rpm and just keeps falling after that.

yea, i dont see that engine lasting long at all at 450hp and 12.5lbs of boost. good numbers tho. to bad there sae.

Im kinda lost here? "to bad there sae." <---- how so? SAE is industry standard for dyno numbers. The car w/ STD made 470rwhp...so im kinda lost here? Also I've been driving around with 14+lbs of boost for months now... Also ask sneaky there, I hot lap my car at the track till they closed and then drove 2 hours home, no issue:shrug:

i have a buddy running the edelbrock intake with TF heads and he is having some MAJOR boost issues. his will barely break 500 on 18 psi. i think it it the cams since the power falls from 530 at 5200rpm to 380 at 5600 rpm and just keeps falling after that.

Yep same thing happened to me as well. I think the intake is flowing so well and the waste gate cant keep up. Im going to need to install an electric boost controller to adjust the boost at higher rpm range.

Nice numbers man! You gonna be able to make it back down to the Rock on May 6th?

If I get the rear end built before then. I really want to see what it will do with some M/T on the rear.:rolleyes:

yea, i dont see that engine lasting long at all at 450hp and 12.5lbs of boost. good numbers tho. to bad there sae.

I hear this all the time and it's bull-*****. There are plenty of members around here pushing the 400+rwhp mark on stock blocks. I've been pushing 428rwhp for over 2 years with no problems and had a blower for 4 years. It's all about how you treat the car, if you don't dog on it every day and hit the rev limiter doing donuts and launching nonstop and you change the oil on a regular basis then there is no reason why you can't have a healthy 450rwhp on a stock block.

There is one member around here pushing upwards of 470 on the stock block with no problems.

I hear this all the time and it's bull-*****. There are plenty of members around here pushing the 400+rwhp mark on stock blocks. I've been pushing 428rwhp for over 2 years with no problems and had a blower for 4 years. It's all about how you treat the car, if you don't dog on it every day and hit the rev limiter doing donuts and launching nonstop and you change the oil on a regular basis then there is no reason why you can't have a healthy 450rwhp on a stock block.

There is one member around here pushing upwards of 470 on the stock block with no problems.

Wasn't hotmustang331 or something go over 500 rwhp on twin turbos? I think that most people blow their stock shortblocks at higher speeds, like 130+ when there's a huge strain on the rotating assembly.