"Rev Limiter" feeling @ ~2500 RPM w/ Blower Installed

Just a quick update.

Heading out of town to see parents, namely my dad, it being Father's Day this weekend.

On Monday morning I plan on getting the O2 bung welded on for the wideband. Hopefully that evening I can test things out, see how rich/lean I am running throughout the RPM range.

I'll post back when I have an update.

• Sponsors (?)

IT IS FIXED!!!!!

Sorry for the delay...been VERY busy with work and haven't had time to work on it...plus I picked up a motorcycle, so yet another distraction.

Well, here is the point where I explain why it was running like crap...and also admit stupidity/mistake.

I am pretty certain the actual "cutting out" I initially experienced had to do the the electrical problem (search if you want details, long story short, fusible link).

The problem with the increased vibrations from the engine were due to...the fan bolts....

Somehow, one bolt was just hanging there, one was half-unthreaded, one was out a little, and only the last one was tight. Now, I am not certain why...maybe I didn't tighten them all the way...maybe it got overlooked (it was EXTREMELY cold when I first did the install)...maybe the friend helping me missed them...but no matter who or what is to blame, the fan was vibrating like crazy as it spun, also hitting the fan shroud, as well as the edge of one of the supercharger's pullies.

So between hitting things and sending the vibrations back through the engine to the rest of the car, it explains it all.

Tightened them REALLY well, took it for a spin...WOW! Its like a supercharged 5.0 should be! Even with too much timing taken out!!!! (We were doing casual runs on an empty road, testing out pulling timing - seemed to get better until it started vibrating at idle, which resulted in us looking closely under hood and friend finding loose bolts)

So, time to install the other items FINALLY and see what this baby can do!

criticman said:
IT IS FIXED!!!!!

Sorry for the delay...been VERY busy with work and haven't had time to work on it...plus I picked up a motorcycle, so yet another distraction.

Well, here is the point where I explain why it was running like crap...and also admit stupidity/mistake.

I am pretty certain the actual "cutting out" I initially experienced had to do the the electrical problem (search if you want details, long story short, fusible link).

The problem with the increased vibrations from the engine were due to...the fan bolts....

Somehow, one bolt was just hanging there, one was half-unthreaded, one was out a little, and only the last one was tight. Now, I am not certain why...maybe I didn't tighten them all the way...maybe it got overlooked (it was EXTREMELY cold when I first did the install)...maybe the friend helping me missed them...but no matter who or what is to blame, the fan was vibrating like crazy as it spun, also hitting the fan shroud, as well as the edge of one of the supercharger's pullies.

So between hitting things and sending the vibrations back through the engine to the rest of the car, it explains it all.

Tightened them REALLY well, took it for a spin...WOW! Its like a supercharged 5.0 should be! Even with too much timing taken out!!!! (We were doing casual runs on an empty road, testing out pulling timing - seemed to get better until it started vibrating at idle, which resulted in us looking closely under hood and friend finding loose bolts)

So, time to install the other items FINALLY and see what this baby can do!

Lol,so simple yet such a pain at the same time...glad you got it fixed.