Ri Emissions Issues

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by David04mach1, Sep 27, 2013.

  1. Ok so here's my problem. I have an 04 Mach 1. I have a Mac H pipe no cats and flows for mufflers. Cant get it inspected cause it wont pass emission (RI SUCKS). Classic car and antiques are all exempt cause of age. SO Ive been tryin to get a sticker under the table like everyones does up here. All my connections dont get them anymore and rather than have my mechanic take off this current pipe and put the stock back on just for inspection is ridiculous to do every 2 yrs. My question is this. What kind of cat back will still give me a nasty sound I can use on my current mac h pipe? More importantly w ill I have to get a new h pipe with the cat backs already on? thanks
  2. I assume the issue is the lack of cats, and perhaps the sound level?

    Why not just run a high flow catted pipe? The power difference will be minimal and you won't have to worry about exhaust tickets and the hassle of inspection?
    trombonedemon likes this.
  3. Im assuming it wall pass with a just catback system. in RI they just plug in and make sure no lights come on
  4. If you want to be loud and be street legal just purchase an SLP Loudmouth 1 system and hook it up to one of their catted X pipes. The car will be extremely loud when you're on it hard, but keep you out of trouble with the law and emissions. Here in CA if you're caught operating a vehicle without cats it's a multi-thousand dollar fine. I don't know much of anyone who drives around with an off-road H or X pipe here, everyone has cats. Some people are critical of how SLP sounds but I get compliments on how my car sounds all the time. I even had a middle aged woman in a very nice 745i BMW tell me, "your car sounds hot as hell!". haha