Ricers say they can beat a 5.0L Mustang, haha read this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Here we go... Another "Yeti" car. I hear about these all the time but I've never actually seen one except on the occational race track. THOSE of course have tires on the front that are so large that you couldn't even THINK about making a turn that's more that 3* in either direction.

So speaking of heads vs. asses... :rolleyes:

... and if your stock roytota ran the same time as your 5oh then your 5oh is weak.

yeti? if this is the yeti you speak of then i guess it really is a myth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXX1z26Eyv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRX58ECBnWE&mode=related&search=

and just so you guys dont get the wrong idea, i love the fox. its alot more fun to drive everyday. the sentra got way out of hand and just isnt fun for daily driver duty, you cant beat the top end pull of a monster turbo though.

of course YOU'd say THAT... Every mid to low 14 second 4 banger has only $500 in mods... Or can beat your Mustang, you sound like you have a 15 or 16 second AOD Mustang and are in love with Honda because with a turbo, engine swap and NOS they can beat you in a race.

I had the same turbo setup ready to go in my Neon..then it got a bad case of rod knock, blowby, worn clutch and generally pissed me off.

The 4-door Neon now has a 2.4L and over 300whp. The built 2.4L cost him less than $1000 (SRT internals)..same turbo setup, but bigger turbo. The thing looks like a complete heap, but it sure does surprise a lot of people. That's $3000 or less in mods, and it'll go 12s this year.

Keep in mind, I ran 14.39. This car was certifiable 13s with the 2.0L.

I don't like just any car. I love budget performance. I love cars that can kick the **** out of mine with less money invested.

How about using the right context of the words "there, their, or they're"? :shrug:

For example (and I feel like Daggar when I do this):

To use the word "there", we are referencing a location. The baseball is over there.

When using the word "their", we are referencing something belonging to more than one person. Their dog came into our yard.

And when we use the word "they're", like we SHOULD have in YOUR case, we would be in the mist of referencing an action or emotion that more than one person is putting into place. Ricers think they're cool. However, they are far from it.

In other words, it's not "their", it's "they're". :nice:

Ever think I was typing fast :rolleyes: Thanks Mr. English Professor!:lol

eric2.jpg

Why do you need a wheelie bar on a front wheel drive car? :shrug:

Attachments

• eric2.jpg
    eric2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 87
Well, its kinda like how they buy the slowest Civic they can buy (cuz its cheapest) and then soup it up.

I honestly think that ricers buy thier 4-bangers so that they can get good gas mileage....NEWSFLASH!!! fast cars dont get good gas mileage. the money they could've saved on gas they put 3 times as much trying to make their car go as fast a stock 5.0 (if even), then they put turbos on 'em and crap and they get even worse gas mileage than us...

some people are just too UNBELIVEABLE!!!

I wouldnt say that all fast cars get bad mileage... a local guy has a procharged C5 corvette that is a street car and runs 9.7's, and the car apparently still gets 28mpg highway!

As for imports being slow, most ricers are slow but I wouldnt call imports slow. Most V6 equipped cars these days are at least 15-second performers putting them close to stock 5.0 territory, so I dont know why people always thing that beating a 5.0 is some kind of amazing feat that their import stives to accomplish.

I wouldnt say that all fast cars get bad mileage... a local guy has a procharged C5 corvette that is a street car and runs 9.7's, and the car apparently still gets 28mpg highway!

As for imports being slow, most ricers are slow but I wouldnt call imports slow. Most V6 equipped cars these days are at least 15-second performers putting them close to stock 5.0 territory, so I dont know why people always thing that beating a 5.0 is some kind of amazing feat that their import stives to accomplish.

That's due to a .50 overdrive. Around town, it's a supercharged V8.

Most ricers drive stock-engined cars. Most older stock non-Si Civics have around 100hp. Of course they're going to be slow.

The 5.0 has been the benchmark for awhile. Mass produced, cheap and quick. Plus the 5.0 owner is usually a lot cockier than most others.

Boss 351, you do a great job of calling out the rice fanbois on this site.. Lol. I've said it before. Some people on this site would be happier at hondatech.com. And superspec, I know some imports are fast. My friends eclipse GSX would hand me my ass. But his 03 cobra kills his gsx. Can you post a dyno printout of this sentra?

Nope... nothing said here has changed them from a Yeti. It's still once of those things you hear about all the time and very rarely ever see.

If I had a dollar for every time some "Ricer" told be they were turning 500 HP only to discover that they could even keep up with with a stock 5oh, I'd be having lunch tomorrow afternoon with Donald Trump.

Once again... The only sub-11 Sec import I've ever seen is not and can not be a daily driver. Sub 11 Sec 8 cylinders on the hand. It's pretty common.

Go get groceries on Saturday; Race on Sunday. I gotta roll my eyes every time I hear some yahoo with his pants hangin down and his hat on backwards, talk about how his (input favorite fart can wearer here) is gonna smoke my crappy ole Rustang. Hasn't happened yet. :shrug:

Perhaps you'd prefer "Bigfoot" or "Nesse"? I'm sure I can produce some video footage of those as well. :rolleyes:

Nope... nothing said here has changed them from a Yeti. It's still once of those things you hear about all the time and very rarely ever see.

If I had a dollar for every time some "Ricer" told be they were turning 500 HP only to discover that they could even keep up with with a stock 5oh, I'd be having lunch tomorrow afternoon with Donald Trump.

Once again... The only sub-11 Sec import I've ever seen is not and can not be a daily driver. Sub 11 Sec 8 cylinders on the hand. It's pretty common.

Go get groceries on Saturday; Race on Sunday. I gotta roll my eyes every time I hear some yahoo with his pants hangin down and his hat on backwards, talk about how his (input favorite fart can wearer here) is gonna smoke my crappy ole Rustang. Hasn't happened yet. :shrug:

Perhaps you'd prefer "Bigfoot" or "Nesse"? :rolleyes:

I have seen a 9-second EK (might have been EG?) Civic hatchback that was used as a street car. It had a 700-odd horsepower H22 and it trapped over 140. I know it's not a daily driver (a 9 second FWD that is street worthy is extremely rare), but no matter what wheels you're powering, a 9 second daily driver doesn't make very much sense. Even 10s are pushing it, no matter what you drive. I'd probably want a manual transmission if I decided to try it.

All of the 11 second FWD owners around here don't wear hats (the cars also look stock), and most are driven at least once a week on the street.

My favorite is when all these rice burners claim to know "someone" with a 500hp Civic, or S2000 that runs 11's on street tires, yet they never....ever....ever seem to be around. :rlaugh:

...but I guess that's the same with all car groups. I think it's more of a teenage and early-20's thing that an Import thing. :shrug:

I have seen a 9-second EK (might have been EG?) Civic hatchback that was used as a street car. It had a 700-odd horsepower H22 and it trapped over 140. I know it's not a daily driver (a 9 second FWD that is street worthy is extremely rare), but no matter what wheels you're powering, a 9 second daily driver doesn't make very much sense. Even 10s are pushing it, no matter what you drive. I'd probably want a manual transmission if I decided to try it.

All of the 11 second FWD owners around here don't wear hats (the cars also look stock), and most are driven at least once a week on the street.

Not so sure about that.. I know of quite a few street driven 10 sec cars that could be daily drivers. They pass inspection, are streetable, etc.. I also know of a few 11 sec imports that are daily drivers. They are not hondas tho. I have never seen a honda at any of the tracks I go to break 13's.

Status
Not open for further replies.