Ricers say they can beat a 5.0L Mustang, haha read this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Ah yes! Waiting for someone like this b/c that's all this thread needs at this point.

Dear 25thmustang,

I must apologize for lumping ALL ricers into the same category. I mean, that's what I'm trying to do isn't it?

Let's go to the boards....shall we?

In any event, I also don't have a problem with nicely done imports......as it looks like the Sentra Spec V WAS done properly.

It is apparent that even YOU aren't listening......BIG surprise!

I guess that must mean I ONLY like Mustangs or any RWD car for that matter right?

Matter of fact, I don't have a problem with FWD cars, hell, I CAME from the Contour forum last year b/c I owned a Contour SVT.

Listening yet? No? Still trying to play mediator? FANTASTIC!

Let me guess....I'm just mad at anybody who builds hp in a different way than us, correct?

Well, how about we go to the boards again......

My beef is with anybody who thinks the import world is dominant over american muscle at it's own game......it's just silly. Not to mention all the 1,000,000 hp civics that you NEVER see that everybody has when you pull your Mustang into a gas station.

Ahhhhh! There you have it......NOW we finally get it. Let me know if you need me to break it down into e-bonics for ya 25th. Until then, how about you STFU? :shrug:

THANKS! :nice:

I missed your one post, the others you posted on here sure don't have the same tone as that one and you can go quote those if you like. I stand by what I say, and will add this...

most Mustang owners who hate on imports really need to look at what they drive, and spend more time worrying about that then what others have.

yeah i was driving across town to a friend's house last night and i look in my rearview and some d00d in an lowered black eclipse with rims and a fart pipe was flying up my rear trying to catch me to race. well he got beside me and did the traditional fly by then slowed down and reved his car to high hell. we got to a light and i looked over at him and he was still revving with a smirk on his face like he's got something special. the light turned green, i gave 1st gear 3/4 pedal up to about 3500 then shifted to second and let it rip (first gear is useless, i was still spinning like crazy the whole time, all the way to the top of second). i get up to the next street light, about 500 feet past the one we started from and look in my rearview and the guy is about 6-7 cars behind me. i didn't even shift into 3rd! short, pathetic race. nice putting another ricer into his place though. it was even cooler that he rolled up after the race and gave me a thumbs up. some rice know whats up. lol

Sorry I was too busy on other boards making fun of ricers, in my sweet fox body that is way better than newer, nice, faster cars to realize I was beating the dead horse...

But just for that, I will gladly keep it going!

I do notice you have a similar set up to mine. Any timeslips for it???

yeah i was driving across town to a friend's house last night and i look in my rearview and some d00d in an lowered black eclipse with rims and a fart pipe was flying up my rear trying to catch me to race. well he got beside me and did the traditional fly by then slowed down and reved his car to high hell. we got to a light and i looked over at him and he was still revving with a smirk on his face like he's got something special. the light turned green, i gave 1st gear 3/4 pedal up to about 3500 then shifted to second and let it rip (first gear is useless, i was still spinning like crazy the whole time, all the way to the top of second). i get up to the next street light, about 500 feet past the one we started from and look in my rearview and the guy is about 6-7 cars behind me. i didn't even shift into 3rd! short, pathetic race. nice putting another ricer into his place though. it was even cooler that he rolled up after the race and gave me a thumbs up. some rice know whats up. lol

Dude.....those are the dumbest dudes on the planet.....the ones that give rice a bad name, AND the ones who pretty much ruined it for me (or everybody else for that matter) when it comes to imports.

I guess it was the Fast and the Furious's fault.....before that movie we never had this problem.

Damn Paul Walker. :bang:

Sorry I was too busy on other boards making fun of ricers, in my sweet fox body that is way better than newer, nice, faster cars to realize I was beating the dead horse...

But just for that, I will gladly keep it going!

I do notice you have a similar set up to mine. Any timeslips for it???

Before the BBK cold-air intake, 70mm BBK TB, and 75mm Pro-M MAF it ran a 13.2 with street tires and busted suspension. But it also had an intake leak behind the manifold, and an exhaust leak on the driver side header. AND it had the smog pump which I removed recently.

So in a nutshell = 13.2 upon purchase

Since then I've added the intake, TB, and MAF, fixed two leaks (intake and exhaust) and then removed my smog pump......so I would imagine better numbers. :shrug:

Congrats, you spent $3500 to not break 100 mph. My brother has an 86 GT that he himself has about $1500 into, and ran 12.6 @ 107... I make the statement why rag on someone going fast a different way then you? Your argument is always, why waste time and spend all that money, and in response, I say the same to you, why waste all that time and money when you "could" have done it cheaper. Why didn't you get the Chevette and drop a big block in it??? Same reason the import guys didnt get 5.0s.

Se how it is a double edge sword? What you rag on others for, can be said the same to you.

Some people also may rather have a 500 hp FWD car than a 200 hp RWD car, so that is a dumb argument right there (afterall that is only your opinion, I would take the 500 hp car).

The problem is ricers and import owners arent the same, yet every Mustang guy seems to lump them together. You started ragging on them and now you make fun of a guy with a 700 hp Nissan... so YOU also derailed the original idea behind this post by doing that!

I don't remember talking about money in the first place? I showed some pics of a 9 second Civic and Mustang to show the difference in what it takes to go that far with both kinds of cars. IT was obvious that building a FWD 9 second car takes more work due to the FWD handicap. $1500 to run high 12's if that car looks good, give him a thumbs up for me. I didn't get the Chevette because I've been a Mustang nut since I was 8 years old. Although instead of the Chevette I'd love to build a cool little S10 with a 400hp small block Chevy one day... (Xtreme S10's are cool looking).

I "rag" on others that claim that they can beat Mustangs left and right but yet they can't compete with a freaking 107hp Hyundai. I also laugh at their engine sound, who in their right mind thinks a fart pipe sounds good? (Turbo will help the sound but most ricers don't have turbos anyway). So no, it's not a double edge sword.

It's opinion, I wouldn't want a 500hp FWD car. There's more to it than showing off dyno numbers. I don't see the use of having that, why not get a Subaru WRX STi and make 500hp with THAT. NOW there's an import I'd gladly own as my weekend car.

Ricers and import owners ARE two different things, to me, someone who is serious about power and has the money and talent to produce 700hp with something so small (which is good) shouldn't do that with a FWD platform. I don't understand the utility of it. Where can you put 700hp to the ground and use it when the car is being pulled by the front wheels? I'd like to see a vid of a 500hp street car without slicks floor it at the track. To me it's a waste of time when there are plenty of performance platforms to work with; import OR domestic.

700hp these days is put to the ground with standalone ECUs with extremely elaborate traction control systems, 2 or 3 stage rev limiters for launching, etc. A big turbo in a small FWD pulls so hard. Most standalones you can dial in boost that's gear specific..i.e. pull boost and/or timing in lower gears to benefit traction.

Not every performance car should be the same. If everything was just 500hp Mustangs, that would be boring and counter-productive. I'd rather everything have 500hp.

I think some people would rather go out there and CHALLENGE themselves to go fast instead of just buying a car that is easy to make fast. Like when you see a fast truck, they are terrible platforms go fast in, but it is still something worth seeing. I know a lot of people who take the different way to do things, doesn't make them dumb, makes them different. I could have put on some aluminum heads and a cam to go fast, I didn't, same principle in a broad sense...

There is more than dyno numbers, but have you been in a car that will blow the tires off at 70 mph on a highway roll and still have the power to walk with bikes and other fast cars? It is extremely fun to do, and might be what some people are after.

A ricer with a fart cannon, and wing who goes out and races everyone next to him is not the same as true car guys, who race imports. As long as you can differentiate (which had me wondering why you ragged on the guy with the 700hp Nissan he doesn't sound like a ricer to me) then you shouln't have issues.

The domuts will definately let someone, know something... not sure about track times, but then again who cares!

I don't remember talking about money in the first place? I showed some pics of a 9 second Civic and Mustang to show the difference in what it takes to go that far with both kinds of cars. IT was obvious that building a FWD 9 second car takes more work due to the FWD handicap. $1500 to run high 12's if that car looks good, give him a thumbs up for me. I didn't get the Chevette because I've been a Mustang nut since I was 8 years old. Although instead of the Chevette I'd love to build a cool little S10 with a 400hp small block Chevy one day... (Xtreme S10's are cool looking).

I "rag" on others that claim that they can beat Mustangs left and right but yet they can't compete with a freaking 107hp Hyundai. I also laugh at their engine sound, who in their right mind thinks a fart pipe sounds good? (Turbo will help the sound but most ricers don't have turbos anyway). So no, it's not a double edge sword.

It's opinion, I wouldn't want a 500hp FWD car. There's more to it than showing off dyno numbers. I don't see the use of having that, why not get a Subaru WRX STi and make 500hp with THAT. NOW there's an import I'd gladly own as my weekend car.

Ricers and import owners ARE two different things, to me, someone who is serious about power and has the money and talent to produce 700hp with something so small (which is good) shouldn't do that with a FWD platform. I don't understand the utility of it. Where can you put 700hp to the ground and use it when the car is being pulled by the front wheels? I'd like to see a vid of a 500hp street car without slicks floor it at the track. To me it's a waste of time when there are plenty of performance platforms to work with; import OR domestic.

I love WRXs. Even SRT-4s are cool little cars. Like I said, I had a Contour SVT, it was quick as hell, but it couldn't walk ANY Mustang that I lined up with. Sure I raced a few, but that was IT for me. I didn't roll around taunting V8s and claiming my **** was the baddest car of all time. I loved it, but I respected it for what it was, a GREAT HANDLING car.

NOW.....If I were to take ANY one of you folks to the country where the roads twisted up, down, left, and right, then I would've seen everybody later, in my rearview mirror.

I agree it would be pretty funny to watch a 500hp FWD car out of the hole, but at this point......I just love horses.

:dead:

Basicaly build your 500 or 1200hp FWD cars. It's all good, I don't understand it but that's no big deal.

It's the ricers that I can't take. Rice-boys with their POS 17-18 second cars making more noise than a top fuel dragster zig-zaging in and out of traffic. These guys should have all their cars crushed and their balls cut-off so they can't produce children.

Jaysus... is this thread still going on?

I see that there are many here who have attempted to turn this from a rag on rice to a rag on all imports. That's typical for a thread of this type.

Anyone found Yeti yet? I looked around town today and didn't see any 500+ HP Hondas driving around. I did see (hear) a few more fartcans though.

Jaysus... is this thread still going on?

I see that there are many here who have attempted to turn this from a rag on rice to a rag on all imports. That's typical for a thread of this type.

Anyone found Yeti yet? I looked around town today and didn't see any 500+ HP Hondas driving around. I did see (hear) a few more fartcans though.

EASY Daggar......EEEEE-Z. Where just "playin" with the imports....we're not actually hurtin' em.......yet. :lol:

Basicaly build your 500 or 1200hp FWD cars. It's all good, I don't understand it but that's no big deal.

It's the ricers that I can't take. Rice-boys with their POS 17-18 second cars making more noise than a top fuel dragster zig-zaging in and out of traffic. These guys should have all their cars crushed and their balls cut-off so they can't produce children.

And we all agree with that. We don't all agree on the definition of "rice", and the grouping of all imports in the "rice" category.

Why build a quick import? Sometimes it is the better platform. Example

Status
Not open for further replies.