Rims and Wheels?

DKVL

Oct 12, 2008
I am planning to get the following:

1. Four Anthracite FR500 Wheel 94-04 (18x9) = $579.96
2. Four Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tire (275/35-18) = $656.96

The pricing above is before applying American Muscle's forum member discount. I am still waiting for AMNick to respond to me with a code.

I was wondering if the rims and tires will be a good set up for my 02GT?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you all.

• Sponsors (?)

Staggered all the way man! I was thinking about going 18X9 all around and then I realized If I was spending that kind of money, I wanted to get the best setup I could. I'll never look back. Just my .02 My FR500's are the silver ones though. 255's and 295's.

DSC_1293.jpg

View attachment 266236

you cant buy them from american muscle... but i think you should look into the sumi III... ive heard great things about them and the HTZII apparently hooks like crap and IMO they look horrible

I would go with Deep Dish 10's out back but I also daily drive my car here in LA. I need to rotate my tires and so in the long run, I think 18X9 all around would be the best option.

Other than for the aesthetic, are there any benefits for having 10's out back?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was told you dont need to do the speed cal if I go with 18's....

Which is true...yes or no?

The explanation was that since the tire walls will not be as tall for the 18's the tire circumference is actually the same, only the rims are larger.

Somehow I felt the explanation was BS.

Yeah, go DD rear. Its worth the extra coin. Also do not get the HTZII, they suck. The HTZIII is pretty great from what I hear. When my Pilost wear out I will try them next I think :shrug:

Do you have a SCT or Diablo or Sniper tuner? IDK what the stock GT size is but I do believe I had to change it slughtly for Cobras stock wheel size to the 18" I got. It wasnt much, like 2% or somethingh :shrug: