RIP mach 460

svega

Oct 30, 2011
Joliet, Il
okay hows it going guys, im kind of new to this site after many many times passing by and looking up advice. well this time i did not find what i was looking for, so i guess its my turn to ask for help. Well i am the proud owner of a 2003 Mustang V6 coupe and i have had it for about 2 years. i loved the mach 460 sound system until the damn thing took a crap on me last week. well I have a Hifonics bx1200 amp installed to two kickers L5 in the back. i used the correct harness that i ordered from a local audio shop and i installed a pioneer headunit since the 6 cd changer that it came with was crap. So it worked fine all two years i had it until the last two months when the cd player went out on me. i took it out and realized that the only way to get the cd player on was to connect the red/ hot ignition wire straight to power. i spliced all of these wires together and it worked pretty well except that i had to just take the faceplate off when not in use. well i did that and that worked for about 6 months until last week i was listening to some tunes and pop the whole thing went out. the cd player still turns on and the subs in the trunk still play and sound pretty well but i just dont get any voice. i have searching and searching and i think that the amps might be fried since i tried switching the positions of the rear amps around. i still get some bass from the components and rear deck speakers but nothing to great. i might wanna mention that i connected the new amp harness into the input of the hifonics and sent output to my cd player. i looked up the amps and come to find out that there isnt one underneath the cd player. i guess the 03/04 didnt come with it since the two rear amps power everything. if anyone has any input or any advice i would appreciate it. if i have to rip everything out and start from scratch, thats doable but only as a very last resort. thanks to everyone in advanced for the help

• Sponsors (?)