Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

^^^^^^ That Guy Lives^^^^^^^^^

And has great tool organization skills.

And great shop cleaning skills.

And a Cobra I'm 65% sure is still in primer :D

Ha ha! Paint is done. Car is 95% done. one day when I get a few hours, I'll start posting up some pics to close this thread out. Working on a 93 coupe and S-351 now as personal projects.

Reactions: 6 users
Ha ha! Paint is done. Car is 95% done. one day when I get a few hours, I'll start posting up some pics to close this thread out. Working on a 93 coupe and S-351 now as personal projects.
Awesome man, glad to hear the Cobra Is finally close to done... Not sure if I wanna see it done .........
Oh wait-Yes,yes I do lol
Looking forward to the final Cobra updates.. And the othe cars too :)

Yeah, I'm just being a butt. ha ha! Wish I could get on here more, but it's hard finding time. I'll try to get on the stick and start posting again.
Thanks buddy, i've worked in a body shop for a long, long time now and it's refreshing to see your work. I mainly deal with collision repair. So, when you can....

Thanks buddy, i've worked in a body shop for a long, long time now and it's refreshing to see your work. I mainly deal with collision repair. So, when you can....
You guys want to bring her back to life for me ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161206-195709.jpg
    Screenshot_20161206-195709.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20161206-195555.png
    Screenshot_20161206-195555.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20161206-195603.png
    Screenshot_20161206-195603.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
Did that for a lot of years too before starting my own thing 10 years ago. So I know exactly what you mean. I'll post some projects up when I can. Just finished painting this one with 4,000 miles on the clock.
IMG_8067_zps7bmjlqwh.jpg
IMG_8062_zpsozqzo34a.jpg
IMG_8064_zpsariqqpyl.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Did that for a lot of years too before starting my own thing 10 years ago. So I know exactly what you mean. I'll post some projects up when I can. Just finished painting this one with 4,000 miles on the clock.
IMG_8067_zps7bmjlqwh.jpg
IMG_8062_zpsozqzo34a.jpg
IMG_8064_zpsariqqpyl.jpg
Very nice Mach one. Nice paint work. Panel fitment is pretty damn nice too.

I had it run through my head more than once to start my own shop. I just HATE dealing with customers.

Last edited:
You guys want to bring her back to life for me ?
Ouch! That will take more than a little work.

Rear body panel, floor pans, frame rails, deck lid. Don't know if the quarters can be saved on that one just by looking at the pictures. You're lucky it didn't rupture the gas tank!

I assume that's a real Saleen too.

That hit had to hurt, that's a whiplash and a half wreck there. You ok?

Very nice Mach one. Nice paint work. Panel fitment is pretty damn nice too.

I had it run through my head more than once to start my own shop. I just HATE dealing with customers.
Thanks man. Its no where near as bad as dealing with insurance companies. I actually just have a few really good customers and don't take in anything else at this point. If I did, it would be at least a 2 yr wait.
Anyone who has read this thread, knows I'm slow as Christmas

Reactions: 2 users

Good to hear Kevin. I was bout to say I just started in Engineering School when you started the intial teardown back when you gave paint tips on my coupe.

I just past the 2 year mark at work.

I'm eager to see your prep work pay off. Can't wait for photos of the paint!

Reactions: 1 user
Ouch! That will take more than a little work.

Rear body panel, floor pans, frame rails, deck lid. Don't know if the quarters can be saved on that one just by looking at the pictures. You're lucky it didn't rupture the gas tank!

I assume that's a real Saleen too.

That hit had to hurt, that's a whiplash and a half wreck there. You ok?
yeah man I came out fine but just an issue, not life threatening that I don't want to mention here for legal matters. All and all I'm ok. As for the car that I bought brand new in 95, she's in the garage and I found the same car in charlotte, same yr , color, body kit, and similar engine work. I wanted to fix the car and very well still may but it was deemed to have some pan damage that's sort of wavy so I decided that if I fix it I might be better off starting off with a base car and converting everything or a gt that needs a motor.

I though will concentrate on the one I bought and going to pull the 302 out of it and sell it and the Tremec 3550 tranny in it and build a 351. Yes i'm going to build it right and do some other cosmetic things as well that I was going to do with my other one. Car was actually bought as a 6 and I totally converted it. A lot of work and time and part of the reason it was hard to part ways with it, though if I had just let it go and bought an 04 cobra I'm sure I would have been satisfied. I still want the cobra but will build the 95 first. I actually have a thread here with the wrecked car for sale. I wouldn't be mad it I have to keep it and once my other garage is done, both stangs will go in there and start the process of taking engines out and things of that nature.

Reactions: 1 user
Good to hear Kevin. I was bout to say I just started in Engineering School when you started the intial teardown back when you gave paint tips on my coupe.

I just past the 2 year mark at work.

I'm eager to see your prep work pay off. Can't wait for photos of the paint!
Thanks man! And good to hear from you. Glad things are going well.