Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

No kidding! If it didnt hold so much sentimental value for him, I would have offered a premium penny to put it on my sapphire blue stang!

Thanks and Yes I will be detailing all my body and paint work. I really hate not to use the factory Cobra spoiler, but I want to use any part I can from my old car.

Trying to get caught up on where I am currently.

Still in May 2010 Pulled the interior
Wiringandhiding7.jpg

Re wrapped and got rid of the wires I didnt need
Wiringandhiding15.jpg

Wiringandhiding16.jpg

Wiringandhiding18.jpg

Pulled the dash ran my wire behind and cut a 2" hole to run them out the tunnel.
Wiringandhiding19.jpg

Ran my battery cable and alternator through the channel.
Wiringandhiding11.jpg

To the kill switch
Wiringandhiding13.jpg

Wiringandhiding14.jpg

Still in May of last year, I began restoring some of my parts that I pulled off my old car. So here are the BBK 1 3/4 long tube headers.

I make the mistake of getting chrome to begin with. Turned as soon as the motor heated up the first time.

So this time around I milled and ported out the openings to match the new heads I plan on using.

Blasted them and coated in ceramic. I think they'll work on the new car.
IMG_0492-1.jpg

IMG_0493-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great progress on the new Cobra and should be an awesome build when its all done. Congrats on picking up and starting over with another car and not just giving up.

Thanks!

I finished May by finishing up the wiring at least thats one job behind me.
Interior10.jpg

Also replaced the stock fuel pump with a Walbro 255 unit and added a Kenne Bell 40 amp boost a pump.
Undercarriage1.jpg

Got some cleaning to do on the under carriage but at least it rust free. Had to deal with too many pf those over the years.
Undercarriage.jpg

We ending May 2010 tearing down and hauling off the old house.
Oldhouse67.jpg

Kind of sad:(

June-

Found a mint rear bumper and fitted it to the car. Love a good OEM piece.
Picked it up form MPS in GA and they also donated a mint headliner from the same car.
Bodywork16.jpg

Also picked up the tail lights to match. went ahead and sanded them down, primer, guide coat.
Bodywork17.jpg

I'm going to keep the original tail lights and harness, paint them up too and just switch out from time to time.
Next I found new OEM sail panel and roof rail molding and got them fitted and put a guide coat on for the initial blocking.
Bodywork18.jpg

The originals were removed for a repaint and then overtightened resulting in numerous stripped bolt holes.

still in June
Started the body work on the front end beginning with the bumper. It was spider cracking on the area I completely stripped. I start by going over it with a DA then moved to 180 by hand.
Bodywork2.jpg

More hand sanding and flexible filler for the plate hole indentions.
Bodywork4.jpg

You can see where I'm going with this after 22 hours invested. I'm just going to strip the whole thing. Do I have to...No...Its was really ready to prime but I want to go the extra mile with this one.
Bodywork5.jpg

Finished holes off
Bodywork7.jpg

This thread is great because the updates keep coming. Its nice that you have done a lot of work, and we arent sitting here waiting for you to get it done. Very entertaining, plus you got us hooked on a sympathic note with what happened to your home and past rides.

Well No car updates for July, August, September and October because we were building our house and I won't bore everyone with house pictures, but since I posted pics of my old burnt garage, seems only right to post a couple of the new garages.
View attachment 194797
The 94 Comes home and now the serious work can begin...
A16.jpg

Whether its a car or a house if your going to rebuild it, might as well do it right