Road course suspension upgrades?

Dinosawnj said:
...In the rear I run 4 1/2 mid eyes with extra banding on the front half with GW Delum bushings, spring loaded under-ridders, a frame equalized panard bar, Carrara shocks and no rear sway bar (note: if autocrossing on a tight course I would run a 1/2" rear bar). The brakes are 1 pot slider disc's (with a small rotor that will fit 14" wheels). I run hot street pad compounds in the rear....

Bob
Sounds like a nice setup. Would you happen to have any photos of the rear setup? I'd really like to check out the panhard bar and the srping loaded under-riders. Does the spring in the under-rider help with eliminating wheel hop under braking?

• Sponsors (?)

Red Barchetta said:
Cool! Thanks Lino! Anyone have weights on the stock components?

I can vouch for part of this. My TCP front coil over kit and 13" Baer Track kit weighed exactly the same as my original front suspesion components and 4 piston Kelsey Hays breaks.

Clone, here you go and keep in mind the only sheet metal cut on my ride are the fender "lips". The fenders themselves are not flared or "expanded".

Up front is it Torque Thrust 7" x 15" with Hoosier Street TD's at the track. The rears are Torque Thrust 8 1/2" x 15" with Hoosier Street TD's. The Hoosiers are 245/45 x 15 front and rear. The 8 1/2" rims got under the rear by narrowing the rear by 1/2" on each side.

On the street (yes, I take her out every once in a while) I use a BF Goodrich radial, 225 x 60 fronts and 245 x 50 rears.

Someone mentioned a fast early model against a fast late model. I have seen both and have been passed by both (it is a money thing). Trust me that rocket from Cobra Automotive driven by Chuck Bentley is faster than anything I have been around in American Iron - late or early. I will try to dig up some laps times with Bentley vs. say Jim Pantas of AIX fame.

Funny thing about the Cobra Automotive '65, it does not make a loud noise. You have heard the term "screamer" - that is what it does. They have the thing turning so many RPM's (in the 8500 to 9000 range) it makes no loud noise.

Chucks car has $120,000 in it at last count, mine has about $20,000. Is he having $100,000 more fun than me. No way!

Hang in there, I will get "Budget Performance" up just as soon as possible. I am really tied down with the "monument" project at the Augusta International Raceway road course.

Good Racing,
HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com