Road Racing...

• Sponsors (?)

Haha, too funny.

Shaolin, you from florida?

DocG2828 & 85_ss, wish you were a little closer, would like to run the twisties as well as the 1320 with you.

:D

I'm not gonna talk smack about stuff I haven't race against.

But check out my profile and tell me my car wouldn't have a chance. Its built for corner carving.....and it'll do a 1/4 in 12.5.

:shrug:

:shrug:

I like road racing. Not much of a specator these days since the last time I was at a track was Road America when I lived in Chicago 15 years ago.

They're opening a nice track about 22 miles from me this spring though! :banana:

I actually bought this Fox because a lot of suspension work was already done to it and it seemed to be heading in the road race direction.

I'm hoping to start doing some auto-x and driving events at the new track this season.

I never missed a GTP race at Road America from 87 til about 92, Geoff Brabham and GTP Nissans ran the course, got to meet Derek Bell, but life got in the way since, be nice if they showed any American LeMans Series as much as NASBORE- thats become real corporate crap, The Glen and Sonoma show who can actually drive

I really wanted to try some road racing with my car, but was never able to. My goal was to do some winter cross with my Audi, and then come spring/summer to some with the fox. Mine is NOT set up for it, but has no body roll, and decent tires! I want my car to do everything decently...

Doc, do you have times for your car? I see a 12.5 listed in one of your posts! Street tires, DRs, slicks???

I've had my car out a total of 3 times in the past 2 years and I'm hooked! From what I've read theres not really any way to get the stock 4-link to handle corners nicely and torque-arm/pan-hard bar combos work really well. Eventually (like everyone else lol) I want to do the full griggs setup with the SLA front suspension + coil-overs but hopefully this summer I can save up enough to get a TA/PHB combo going. My driving isn't great but right now I feel like the car is severely holding me back. Main problems are huge body roll with stock suspension (causing tire contact w/fenders), very unstable sweeping corners due to control arms binding, mad wheel-hop because i removed the quads, and horrible brake fade (combo of too many laps, possibly need to switch to new brake fluid, and stock drums heat up pretty poorly as well). Main focus this year is suspension and maybe an upgrade to a mild cobra 4-wheel disc set-up. Can't wait until I can thrash on it regularly without cutting tires on the fenders etc. lol

I really wanted to try some road racing with my car, but was never able to. My goal was to do some winter cross with my Audi, and then come spring/summer to some with the fox. Mine is NOT set up for it, but has no body roll, and decent tires! I want my car to do everything decently...

Doc, do you have times for your car? I see a 12.5 listed in one of your posts! Street tires, DRs, slicks???

I don't have times yet with me driving it. The old owner told me several times it ran mid 12's last year. I'm assuming street tires.

I really have to verify it though and I doubt I'll get what its capable my first few times since I've never run the 1/4 before.

I don't have times yet with me driving it. The old owner told me several times it ran mid 12's last year. I'm assuming street tires.

I really have to verify it though and I doubt I'll get what its capable my first few times since I've never run the 1/4 before.

Ahh cool cool, 12.5s on street radials would be moving!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, your car is more designed to handle!

Ahh cool cool, 12.5s on street radials would be moving!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, your car is more designed to handle!

Yeah....if it really goes 12.5's I'd be plenty happy.

I can't wait to find out though! All I know is that its a helluva lot quicker than the 04 GT I had!

Hopefully have some real numbers in the next couple of months!